[Spoilers] Touken Ranbu Kai: Kyoden Moyuru Honnouji - Ep 3 Discussion

alenawhim
A day late with this but still better than 3 weeks late like Crunchyroll Jokes aside FINALLY more people can start watching Touken Ranbu Kai. It was rough out there and we had like 2 people doing fansubs for the first 2 eps but now we have viable streaming options. Moving on to episode impressions As usual there will be spoilers in my main message so proceed with caution if you dont want those no tag tho cause thats bulky lol The additional scenes added have been excellent. From a TouSute fan pov you can really see the Suemitsu all over the writing choices and updates. Starting with the intro we get a whole scene of Mikazuki on an outing with the 5 main starter swords something we have yet to get stage wise but hopefully soon We get to see the main trauma that Souza has to deal with regarding Nobunaga the pain he feels from his insecurities just rising more and more with each time hes brought up. As they say they all have a piece of Nobunaga within them its just different from each sword to sword as to How he was interpreted. They changed up tho one pivotal scene between the Odagumi members when Fudou was recounting how great Nobunaga was to the children in which after Hasebes NOBUNAGA NOBUNAGA outburst Souza reacts with a sudden punch right to Hasebes face. What I do like here is that they traded out Souza acting in a sudden and violent way and instead had him cry although unsure exactly Why hes crying. Letting Souza try to figure out his own feelings towards Nobunaga is great for the overall conflict thats coming in the 2nd half when confronted with a major choice that would decide Nobunagas own fate. It also just allows Souza to have more of a mental healing connection with his brothers specifically Kousetsu who I felt couldve had more of a role in the main stage but due to time limitations he was just kept as a partial supporting role. The single tear here however had the power to stop the entire fight and force Hasebe and Fudou to rethink some things. Oh but also punching Hasebe in front of all these children wouldve been a bad look. Now given the hindsight into what is currently going on with the main Sute plot well at least up to Hiden theyre including flashbacks to an event in Joden Act 1 that really helped shape Yamanbagiri. That event being the near destruction of his brother Yamabushi. Getting to watch Yamanbagiri interact this much as well with Yamabushi And Horikawa but also getting to hear them call each other Kyoudai so much got me so is good for the soul and Im so happy for them. The way that the writers are sprinkling these bits in makes me Really hope that well get a 2nd season covering Giden and maybe Gaiden. A Gaiden OVA would be perfect... Now for the sparring match: EVERYONE IS INVITED. Originally only Teams 1 and 2 were having a sparring match to get the whole Nobunaga angst out but also force the Odagumi swords to work things out. When they first announced the extended sword cast I was worried theyd just be auxiliary swords. Around for background shots or passing by with a word or two but no Theyre really incorporating them into the story And citadel without taking the main focus away from our damaged Odagumi. I got longwinded again ahahaha. last thing: my husband https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/446133540581670914/1230215184573009991/ichisurpriseattack.gif?ex=6632822cis=66200d2chm=9d3e74a7ca0dce7752197bff8ef9c0adceb15946fa418a3ae89a4ab15c1e6d2a whim
1 Reply