Forum

Anime Watching Challenge: Challenge Submissions
We Have a Website Now Check it out and bookmark it for a one stop location for all AWC challenges 150 Submit links to your completed challenges in this forum. Please do not post any questions in this forum. This forum should be for challenge submissions only. If you have any questions direct them to the FAQ forum, talk to us on Discord, or talk to a AWC Staff directly: List of AWC Staff Members can be found on the AWC Master forum. How to submit: When you have finished the challenge, make sure your submission has been updated in the challenge post. Post a link to your final submission as a comment to this post as well as what challenge you are submitting for. You can get a link by clicking on the link icon on your forum reply. Post that comment web address to this forum. This makes it easier for reviewers instead of looking through multiple forums for submissions. Thank you After you post a completed challenge: One of our reviewers will reply to your submission when it is under review. A reviewer will check through your challenge to ensure you have met all the requirements. If you missed a requirement, we will reply with which challenge requirement you need to fix and why. If you have completed it successfully, we’ll reply with “Challenge Completed Successfully.” AWC Leadership: Lazareen | Shoxi | Electrochemist AWC Staff: annahoj | Gaige | GrandPanacea | Kondor | MrMustache | Moha | Nymh | Plusho | Resire | Skirider7 | TrapperHell
Looking for series where the MC has a secret
Preferably shounen, preferably anime, but I'm open to other suggestions. Examples: Ao no Exorcist, Yugioh Zero, Princess Tutu
AWC: Advent Calendar Challenge
We Have a Website Now Check it out and bookmark it for a one stop location for all AWC challenges 150 Advent Calendar Challenge: December 2018 80% 35% You can get a special wreath badge for the monthly challenge by completing both the advent challenge and the December Monthly Challenge . 25% 25% Badges designed by: Electrochemist and Shoxi 80% Choose an anime with exactly 24 episodes Watch one episode a day from Dec 1st to Dec 24th Make sure to log the episode you watched daily so it appears in your activity feed Challenge time is based on Pacific Standard Time . Day submissions for activity will be based on midnight PST Challenge must be started by December 5th to be eligible for completion You cannot use an anime you have previously watched You cannot use an anime you are using in the December monthly challenge Post a reply in this forum when you start the challenge with the anime you have chosen You are allowed a total of 5 “gifts”. A gift is to be used if you missed a day of watching. Comment under your post if you used a gift You cannot watch episodes ahead. Episodes watched ahead will count as a “gift” No gifts may be used after Dec 24th Your profile must be set to public so we can verify your anime list and activity Time Limit Dec 1st, 00:01 PST Dec 24th, 2018 23:59 PST 90% We now have an AWC Recommendation bot and it is enabled for this challenge Have you been having a hard time trying to figure out which anime would fit which challenge requirement? Fret not The bot is here to help you. Here's what you need to do: 1. Type in your reply as usual you can leave the anime entries empty or as placeholders for now 2. On a new line anywhere in your message typein the following: OptIn 3. The phrase “OptIn” must be in bold and have the dash between opt and in The bot will periodically check for optins . Once it sees your entry it will check for all anime in your Plan to Watch list and advises you on which of your anime fit this challenge with up to five recommendations. This bot is still in veryearly beta. This comes with the usual baggage... Here's the finedetail that you should know: 80% AWC Website Master AWC Post AWC FAQ Post AWC Submission Post AWC Discord AWC Challenge Discussion / Suggestions If you are having a difficult time finding an anime to fulfill a certain requirement, feel free to ask in our Challenge Discussion Forum, ask us on Discord, or ask a fellow AniList member for a recommendation.
Guess the age of the poster above you according to their list.
Inspect the user above you's list and guess their age. Please comment on the original post instead of replying to individual comment to keep this post orderly. GO Start with me.
Widgets Supported?
I'm not sure if this is an issue with MDL or Anilist.. but I'm using the widget from MyDramaList on my Anilist bio. It's pasted in at the bottom. So on MDL when I update a show it doesn't update on my widget here. Not sure why.. but normally widgets are supposed to pull info correct..? So I'm confused why it's not doing so?
Anime Watching Challenge: Beginner's Challenge
150 Beginner’s Challenge Badge for Completion: Dark Theme Badge: 450 Compact Badge : 150 Badges designed by @Shoxi, @Xeldum, @RikkaKuroibara Rules: You cannot use the same anime to fulfill multiple requirements You cannot use an anime you previously watched You may use previously watched under the following conditions: You have seen everything in a specific requirement There are less than three options available that you have not seen, and they have 50+ episodes The options left for those you haven’t seen do not have a subtitled version If you do use previously watched, leave a note under that requirement as to why You can use an anime you have previously started You can use currently airing anime, but they must be finished airing before you submit your challenge as completed There is no time limit for the challenge Challenge start date is considered the day you post Your profile must be set to public so we can verify your anime list and activity Submission: Post a reply in this forum when you start the challenge with the code we have provided below. Please include the name of the challenge as well as challenge start and finish dates. You can keep track of your progress through editing your submission here, or update it when you are finished. Please use the code we have provided for your challenge submission. You can edit it however you want as long as it follows the same format. You can find the challenge code here: Beginner’s Challenge Code Fill out the portions in red text only to keep code formatting When you have fulfilled all of the requirements for a challenge, please post a link to your final submission in the Challenge Submissions forum post. Example of formatting: Formatting for challenge submissions should include the following information: 1. Start: DD/MM Finish: DD/MM Challenge Requirement: Link with Anime Title Additional Information Beginner’s Challenge Requirements: 1. Watch an anime that combines your favorite and least favorite genre 2. Watch an anime recommended to you by a fellow AL user 3. Watch an anime with a number in the title 4. Watch an anime that aired this year 5. Watch an anime with less than 12 episodes 6. Finish watching a show on your dropped list 7. Watch an anime recently reviewed on AL 8. Watch an anime scored below 70% on AL 9. Watch an anime score above 80% on AL 10. Watch a one word titled anime 11. Watch an anime scored 9 or above from a fellow challenge participant’s anime list 12. Choose an anime from any of the AWC Staff member's favorite anime list 13. Watch a sequel / spin off / alternative to something you've already watched 14. Watch an anime with your favorite voice actor / staff member 15. Watch an anime from your favorite studio 16. Watch an anime that aired during the winter 17. Watch an anime that doesn't contain any of your top 3 most watched genres 18. Watch an Original anime 19. Watch an anime with a title that starts with the last letter of your username 20. Watch an anime with the format of TV Short AWC Website Challenge Code: Beginner’s Challenge Code Anime Watching Challenge: Master Post
Thread de la Francophonie
Bon, vu qu'il y a plus de français que prévu sur AL, autant faire un thread pour les réunir :
AWC: December 2018 monthly challenge
We Have a Website Now Check it out and bookmark it for a one stop location for all AWC challenges 150 Monthly Challenge: December 2018 80% 24% 24% 24% 24% You can get the wreath style badges by completing both the monthly challenge and our special Advent Calendar Challenge Legacy Badges: Badges designed by: Electrochemist and Shoxi 80% 90% 90% Hard Mode: The total runtime of all anime you watch added together must be a minimum of 1000 minutes. You can use any number of anime from other challenges as long as they have not been started prior to 01/Dec/2018 You cannot use the same anime to fulfill multiple requirements within a challenge You cannot use an anime you have previously watched You cannot use speed watching to complete this challenge You can use currently airing anime, but they must be finished airing before you submit your challenge as completed Your profile must be set to public so we can verify your anime list and activity Time Limit Dec 1st, 00:01 PDT Jan 1st, 2019 23:59 PDT 80% Post a reply in this forum when you start the challenge with the code we have provided below You can keep track of your progress through editing your submission here, or update it when you are finished Please use the code we have provided for your challenge submission. You can edit it however you want as long as it includes the same information You can find the challenge code here: December Monthly Challenge Code. Fill out the portions in red text only to keep code formatting When you have fulfilled all of the requirements for a challenge, please post a link to your final submission in the Challenge Submissions forum post Challenges must be submitted by Dec 1st, 2018 23:59 PDT 80% Formatting for challenge submissions must include the following information: 1. Start: DD/MM Finish: DD/MM Challenge Requirement: Link with Anime Title Additional information 90% Don’t like having to fill out the challenge code? Check out our code generator Paste your information into the generator and it will create the code for you. This generator is still in beta: if you find issues, please let us know on our Discord or message Nymh or Lazareen 90% We now have an AWC Recommendation bot and it is enabled for this challenge Have you been having a hard time trying to figure out which anime would fit which challenge requirement? Fret not The bot is here to help you. Here's what you need to do: 1. Type in your reply as usual you can leave the anime entries empty or as placeholders for now 2. On a new line anywhere in your message typein the following: OptIn 3. The phrase “OptIn” must be in bold and have the dash between opt and in The bot will periodically check for optins . Once it sees your entry it will check for all anime in your Plan to Watch list and advises you on which of your anime fit a given requirement . As a bonus, the app will also check your Completed anime list for EasyMode challenge completion. This bot is still in veryearly beta. This comes with the usual baggage... Here's the finedetail that you should know: 80% December Monthly Challenge Requirements: If an anime is missing a tag, please help make AniList better and add the tag. 1. Christmas Carols: Watch an anime with the format “TV” and the genre “Music” Required for Easy Mode You MUST complete this requirement and 4 others. 2. Watch an anime with a Christmasthemed episode/scene AND/OR an anime with an episode/scene where the characters visit a shrine State the episode If you are having a difficult time finding anime there are some christmas episodes listed on Christmas Episode Tropes 3. Watch an anime with the tag “Kids” 4. Watch an anime with a Card & Board Games or Video Games tag State the tag Included tags: 5. Watch an anime featuring a penguin AND/OR an anime featuring a winter sports episode/scene State the episode number if there is more than 1 episode If you are have having a hard time finding an anime, please use our helpful community contribution lists: Penguins | Winter Sports 6. Stocking Stuffer: Watch an anime with the format "OVA" OR "ONA" OR "TV Short" OR "Special" 7. Watch an anime that has a character with white hair AND/OR red clothing Hair may also be grey or silverName the character 8. Festival of Lights: Watch an anime with the source “Light Novel” 9. Watch an anime with a snow scene AND/OR an anime from any trope listed Here State the episode or link the trope 10. Merry Christmas: Watch an anime that another participant has gifted Use an anime listed as a gift on another participants December Challenge Provide a link to the participant’s challenge, or take a screenshot Give your gift : Recommend an anime for other participants to watch Must be a specific anime and include a link 80% AWC Website Challenge Code Master AWC Post AWC FAQ Post AWC Submission Post AWC Discord AWC Challenge Discussion / Suggestions If you are having a difficult time finding an anime to fulfill a certain requirement, feel free to ask in our Challenge Discussion Forum, ask us on Discord, or ask a fellow AniList member for a recommendation.
[Spoilers] That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime - Episode 11 Discussion
Discussion thread for Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken episode 11. Aired Tuesday, 11Dec2018 00:00:00 JST. You can find/watch Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken at the following sites: Official Site Twitter Crunchyroll Funimation What did you think of the episode? Favorite scene/moment? Enjoying the series so far? What do you expect or want to happen next? This is an automated thread, if you would like to take ownership of this thread please message @Josh
unpopular opinions
Just a thread to list some unpopular opinions you may have about anime/manga/characters/ etc. I'll start: I don't like Himouto Umaruchan, and I don't think Umaru is cute
Anime/manga titles if they were clickbait
The game is simple: you have to write a clickbaitey title for an anime or manga and the user below will try to guess it. Let's go
Fact About Yourself
Write a fact about yourself, in its own post , in relation to the word of the poster above you. Then, write a random word for the next poster. There is no poster above me, so I’ll write a word to get this started: **pie**
The Official Pictures-of-Yourself™ Thread
Calling all exhibitionists, or those who are simply want to have a bit of fun with seeing others & maybe even showing their own selves. This game is simple. Just post a picture of yourself, it could be your whole face or even just your pinky finger. But it must be ***you***. **Note, for your own safety, please remember to remove your geolocation exif data from your photo** When I share photos online, I use https://bb.com/ because it can do this automatically for me. If you want to double check that the geolocation exif metadata has been removed, there are online tools you can use to do so like this one: https://www.verexif.com/en/ Stay safe, this is still the internet and stalkers **do exist**. Remember too to follow all AniList guidelines & rules. No nudity. Don't insult people. Simple stuff right? And because those who ask a thing must be prepared to do it themselves: Okay, your turn :P P.s. I love this thread now, all of you are awesome :D
Crunchyroll Guest Passes
What this thread is about: 1. Gifting away your guest passes 2. Getting a guest pass to try out premium membership on crunchyroll If anyone would like to share their passes feel free : Rules: Try to keep it on topic If you know your pass has been redeemed edit your post Example: http://www.crunchyroll.com/guestpass?code=EKVUUSB3EB6 If you redeem a pass reply so the owner can edit Example: Thanks, I took http://www.crunchyroll.com/guestpass?code=EKVUUSB3EB6 Somthing along those lines would be ok Leave some for others If your 48 hours is up leave it a couple days before you try get another pass Buy a Subscription If you like Crunchyroll please support them and go buy a subscription keep in mind its much cheaper than importing boxed copies of anime Have Fun Why are you still here? You have anime to watch :P
Days Watched & Chapters Read Accolades
Last Updated: November 7th 2018 I Made these for another Project initially but reworked them for use as Progress Milestones. Feel free to stick them on your profiles if they take your fancy? Credit @Logia somewhere on your bio area would also be greatly appreciated. The Smaller Image is 220 when using the sites Image embed option. Best Displayed in Dark Theme. Update: 07/11/18 Manga Accolades created.
Share your setup/room
Post where you watch anime, where you game, anything you're proud of in your room. Don't get too weird though.:D
[Spoilers] A question regarding Yuki (Answered)
I just finished Steins;Gate 0. Good anime I should say, though there are some questions which still bothers me: Back in episode 6, the group was once again attacked by a mysterious group. Suzuha managed to kick one of them on the wrist, but since the attacker was wearing a bike helmet we couldn't figure out who it was. The next episode showed Yuki mysteriously having an injury: 500 This sort of coincidental injury happens again in a later episode. I don't think it was addressed again in the anime, or maybe I was just not paying attention much, but was Yuki really part of the mysterious group? Professor Leskinen did say towards the end that he planted spies to infiltrate Okabe's group beforehand.
Whos Your Main For Smash Ultimate?
Mine is Wolf wondering who you guys are maining
AWC: Romance Genre Challenge
We Have a Website Now Check it out and bookmark it for a one stop location for all AWC challenges 150 Romance Genre Challenge Badges for Completion: Characters in badges: Easy: Taiga Aisaka from Toradora | Normal: Chiyo Sakura from Monthly Girls' Nozakikun | Hard: Nagisa Furukawa from Clannad Badges designed by Electrochemist, Shoxi, and Xeldum You can use anime you have already completed for Easy mode ONLY 70%Once you've finished your challenge on hard mode you can start the challenge over for a 2 times complete. By doing so, you can earn the animated mastery badges to show off your dedication towards the genre. Your second entry has to be in a new post with new entries and it must contain a link to your original completed submission. Mastery Badge Design: 70% You cannot use the same anime to fulfill multiple requirements within a challenge You can use anime you have already completed for Easy mode ONLY the first time through Leave a note under the specific requirement that it was previously completed You can use any number of rewatches throughout the challenge Leave a note under the specific requirement that it was a rewatch You can use an anime you have previously started if you have not completed the anime You can use currently airing anime, but they must be finished airing before you submit your challenge as completed You cannot use speed watching to complete this challenge Challenge start date is considered the day you post There is no time limit to complete this challenge There is no limit on the number of anime you can use from other challenges Your profile must be set to public so we can verify your anime list and activity Make sure to update your activity regularly as this is our only means of verifying a participant actually watched the anime they submitted for their challenge. 80% Post a reply in this forum when you start the challenge with the code we have provided below Include the name of the challenge, difficulty level, and challenge start and finish dates in your initial post You can keep track of your progress through editing your submission here, or update it when you are finished Please use the code we have provided for your challenge submission. You can edit it however you want as long as it follows the same format You can find the challenge code here: Challenge Code Fill out the portions in red text only to keep code formatting When you have fulfilled all of the requirements for a challenge mode, please post a link to your submission in the Challenge Submissions forum post. You will need to make a new submission per mode you are attempting, or you can post your final Hard Mode and get all three badges at once. 80% Formatting for challenge submissions should include the following information: 1. Start: DD/MM/YY Finish: DD/MM/YY Challenge Requirement: Link with Anime Title Additional Information 80% Challenge requirements listed under spoilers 350 If an anime is missing a tag, please help make AniList better and add the tag. You can add additional tags by clicking the plus sign next to the tag list and filling out the form. Screenshots on how to do this are located in the helpful information section of the AWC FAQ. 350 Information on where to find format and score is located in the helpful information section of the AWC FAQ. 350 If the source listed is incorrect / missing make sure to submit a data change to help make AniList data more complete. Information on how to submit a data change and how where to find adaptations is located in the helpful information section of the AWC FAQ. 350 Watch an "Romance" anime from different studios: Makes sure to comment which studio was used per requirement 350 Information on where to find aired year / season is located in the helpful information section of the AWC FAQ. 350 English and/or Romaji counts for all title entries. Do not use Hiragana, Katakana, or Kanji 350 Make sure to add a note with the character’s name / setting location per requirement 350 Make sure to take a screenshot for requirement 44 to show the recommendation as proof. In order to decrease the amount of forum spam, please do not create forums asking for recommendations. Ask for recommendations in general, talk to us on Discord, or post in the AWC suggestions forum. Thank you 350 Bonus requirements are for fun only unless you are doing the challenge on Normal or Hard Mode. For Normal Mode: you are allowed to swap up to two of the original requirements for up to two of the bonus requirements. You cannot repeat requirements. For Hard Mode: you are allowed to swap up to four of the original requirements for up to four of the bonus requirements. You cannot repeat requirements. 80% AWC Website Challenge Code Master AWC Post AWC FAQ Post AWC Submission Post AWC Discord AWC Challenge Discussion / Suggestions
Confessional
You ever need to just let something out? Here be a spot to do just that. Confess whatever you like, serious.. silly.. doesn't matter. Have fun, let loose... remember, we're not getting out of this life alive, so why carry all this stuff inside us to the grave? Ofc, the rules of AniList must be followed. An addendum to that is don't use your confession to attack another user, even if you don't name them, it's just a cheap thing to do. I'll get us started. I confess that I made this entire post in a bathrobe. It is comfy and resembles what I imagine a wizard might wear if a wizard wanted to snuggle into something warm & wonderful in their secret place where they don't have to impress anyone. Your turn ^^
[Spoilers] Sword Art Online Alicization - Episode 10
Just in general to anyone who hates the representation of rapey scenes in anime. You gotta remember that unless it's an anime original they're just following source material.
New User Intro Thread - Welcome!
Introduce yourself : A short bio of who you are, what you like or just say hi if you'd prefer. Discord Server: https://discord.me/anilist Mobile & Desktop Apps: https://anilist.co/apps