k-on 3rd season?

is k-on shall have 3rd season? i really really miss them :'(

30 Replies
RogueTofu

I think it's possible since the manga continues with Yui and the gang in college and Azusa's new group in high school, but I highly doubt it, since the second season concluded so well. Maybe possibility for a shorter OVA?

killjoy

Hopefully not

Edmond

Hopefully yes.

kyonodera
Donator

still waitin'...................

LuigiT

Just an OVA of 2-3 episodes maybe.

Not an entire series, as it's not "K-On" anymore after Season 2, it's mainly them going on with their lifes.

snakdol

As much as I love K-On!, I have to say "NO, Thank You!"

Read the manga if you want another experience, read doujinshi, rewatch it as many times as you want.
While K-On! was special to me and many others, it feels completele imo after watching both seasons, all of the OVAs/Special episodes, as well as the Movie. Anything else this long after finishing would taint what K-On! was. That's anime wise at least.

If you really want them to be with you again and nothing else mentioned satisfies you, write fanfiction about them or develop a VN based on the story using free VN software. Weird thing to recommend but even if you're the only person to read what you right it's more time you spend with the characters.

No it's not weird shut up.

Leudkemia

its wierd.

snakdol

No bully.

Seraphram

No it feels completed. Any more is overkill/milking the brand.

aabir

Not like kyoani does that, right?

Volt
Donator

Are you implying that Kyoani milks their product when they rarely ever complete it? When it comes to adaptations, they rarely ever do it comprehensively, you see a season 2 at the very least.

aabir

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say.

Seraphram

True.... one can hope can't they?

Sterlina

Actually, there's one way to revive the serie, without killing it.
It's the same thing done with Full Metal Alchemist and Hunter x Hunter: An entire serie's remake, except that in this case, it would turn into an anime like Yuru Yuri:Where time doesn't appear to exist, hence the school years keeps going on forever, there's no particular progress in the story, the characters never age, and so on.
With Yuru Yuri's formula, any slice of life anime, including K-On!,can pretty much going on forever.

Yodelman

I really love Yui you guys

killjoy

It's okay, we all have our issues. Recognizing it is the first step.

djbimuller

I think one of your issues is shitting on other people's anime tastes for no reason. bye

bdubs

He isn't called killjoy for no reason.

djbimuller

fair point.

One day...
I wish there'd be a season 3, but I can't see it happening :v

ZaphKiel

Highly doubt it. It was getting a bit repetitive and I have no idea what it'd be about other than the next generation of the club

Percieve

You right, if there they are planning for the 3rd season. there must be an introducing of their next gen before ends. and i agree

clearskyy
Donator

forever waiting :<

DJANIme

Unlikely to have a second season. I read the manga beyond the second season before. It might not be as good as you expect. Personally, I'm fine that it ends at the second season.

llamaninja

@DavidAniList
Why did you resurrect a dead thread?

DJANIme

Why not?

llamaninja

It's generally bad forum manners to resurrect a thread that has been inactive for a long period.

DaLadybugMan
Donator

I sure am glad you decided to bump a 2-year-old thread to deliver your oh-so-important opinion that a series that hasn't had new animated material for 5 1/2 years will most likely not receive another season. I stand in awe of your deep insight.

Gucci

I need 3rd season
cries