I am pleased to announce that Taiga is now available with AniList support. For those who don't know, Taiga actually predates AniList--it's been around since 2008--but previously it focused on MyAnimeList only.

v1.3 is currently in beta period, which means that some features might be a bit rough around the edges. Let me know if you encounter any issues!

A couple of things to note:

  • Custom lists won't be supported for the time being.
  • 10.0-point and 100-point score systems aren't fully supported yet, but they will be before the beta period ends.

Hi! I'm running into an issue with Anilist and Taiga. Whenever I try to update my Anilist with Taiga, nothing happens, and I get a message saying "Anilist returned an error: Internal Server Error", which means that Taiga is unusable with Anilist for me at least. This seems like the best place to report this issue.


Hi there Ed. The error message points to an issue with AniList's server. Assuming that it wasn't a temporary one, it might be an edge case in the API that prevents you from updating your list. What's the thing that Taiga is trying to send to AniList? You should be able to see it at the History page, at the bottom of "Queued for update" section.


Well the issue is that the History section is just completely empty. Lemme tell you step by step what I just did, that should be helpful. I had Taiga on MAL mode, and I switched it over to Anilist mode. I clicked the "Synchronize with Anilist button", and then the bottom bar said the following things, in this order:

  • Logging in
  • Downloading anime list
  • Anilist returned an error: Internal Server Error

So while the History section is completely empty, I guess it was trying to download the anime list.

Thanks for the help!


Thanks for the details. I'm assuming that you authorized Taiga to access your account too, after switching the active service to AniList. It seems AniList's server is somehow failing to respond to you while Taiga's trying to download your list.

Since the issue doesn't affect other users, I'm inclined to think that it's related to an entry in your list. Yet I'm able to download your list from Taiga without any errors. Do you have any private entries? Perhaps one of them could be the cause.


That's interesting. I do not, in fact, have any private entries. In fact I don't even know how i'd make one, so I highly doubt I did it accidentally or anything. Thanks for the continued help!


Did you manage to fix this issue? If so please tell me how as I have the exact same problem. I imported my list from MAL because of the recent API problem and would very much like to switch over to anilist.
I could add extra info for erengy too :

  • Log shows a bunch of : "2018-05-27 13:55:11 [Error] anime_db.cpp:211 anime::Database::FindItem | Could not find ID: 160" with different ID.
  • I can add an anime from taiga directly and it does indeed get added when I check on my account from the website.
  • When I try adding anime that are already on my list from the import, they do show up on taiga so that could be considered a workaround but adding over 300 entries isn't very realistic/efficient.

Fixed by not being stupid, aka putting my anilist nickname instead of my email adress.

Oh my god thank you so much lmao.