Hachidori - AniList Scrobbler for macOS - 3.0 Final Released!

chikorita157

Official Website

Hachidori is a scrobbler for macOS that allows you to update your list based on what you are currently watching. Hachidori now supports AniList, meaning that you can update your list automatically based on what you are watching.

Hachidori supports all major video players on macOS (mplayer, VLC, Quicktime, IINA and more), legal streaming sites (Crunchyroll, Funimation, Hidive, Amazon Prime Video and more), Plex Media Server and Kodi via JSON RPC.

Hachidori is open source and the basic features like scrobbling is free. However, there will be optional features added in the future like Bittorrent Browser, Automatic Torrent downloads, file renaming, video library tracking and more only for people who donated. We rely on donations to allow us to keep developing these applications. You can find out about how you can donate here

Download - Current Version - 3.0.2

23 Replies
duckling

Awesome going to try it out right now and see how it goes. Love seeing more native macOS apps. Thanks a lot dev <3 ily
Super thanks for the IINA support. (the only player that matters ;)

chikorita157

2nd Alpha already? This release adds enhanced social features (Discord Rich Presence support and Tweet on Scrobble) along with a Torrent Browser/Torrent Auto download for people who donated. This feature is only for donors since I want to promote legal alternatives and it took a good amount of time to implement.

You can update to this release by checking for updates. Change log is below.

New Features

• Add Discord Rich Presence support
  • Add ability to tweet on scrobble
  • Add torrent browser and ability to download torrents automatically (Donors only)

Bug Fixes and Enhancements

• Fixed updating of Status for Kitsu and AniList
  • View Title Information and Share items will show the correct URL according to the current service
  • Replace most of the toolbar icons, most coming from Icons8

From the previous release

New Features

• Add support for AniList
  • Add support for Anime Relations, replaces Auto Exceptions for zero episodes, split-cours and abnormal episode numberings.

• Auto Exceptions renamed to Auto Title Correction
  • Improve Auto Title Correction for titles that have a season number
  • Improve Title Recognition

Known Issues

• MAL Sync is broken due to API disablement. Also, not yet implemented for AniList.
chikorita157

Fixed some critical bugs with Alpha 3 with AniList support after some testing. It should be smooth sailing.

Once you install this update, you should clear the search cache. You can do this in General Preferences.

To install this update, check for updates.

• Fixed Search Cache for AniList users
  • Fixed bug where Private status is being read incorrectly.
  • The prompt to ask a user to move Hachidori to the Applications folder is now back.

Known Issues

• MAL Sync is broken due to API disablement. Also, not yet implemented for AniList.
RukaziSintakumo

Thanks for this app. I never knew I needed a scrobbler until I saw how flawlessly this app works.
Just one thing that I wonder about is that when I scrobble an episode with Hachidori, it shows up on the list itself, but it does not create an 'post' on my activity feed saying that I watched the episode. Is that something the website would need to enable or something that the app would need to push?

chikorita157

There was as private entry bug, which caused all the entries set to private when it's not susposed to. The latest update, Alpha 3 finally fixes this after testing. You need to fix your entries so they are not private. You can find out what titles are affected by showing the Scrobble History.

RukaziSintakumo

Yep, that must have been it. My client was still on Alpha2. The must have been updated in the past 15 hours :P But thanks for the quick help on that one. I will test it on my next anime watching session :D

RukaziSintakumo

EDIT:
I found out what was wrong inside the app. For some reason, it still saved updating P5A as private. I had to manually change that with 'Update Status...' and also had to Delete the Search cache to make it work. Now it's working as intended. Sorry for the hassle :)

Okay, I just tested it with scrobbling the latest P5A episode and while it updated my list just fine, the Activity post stayed missing once again. I checked the settings in the App to make sure that the 'check mark' at 'Set newly scrobbled titles to Private' is not set. I need to add that I setup that I need to confirm every update in the app, just to make sure that it does not already update it while I'm watching the episode (I stop sometimes in between).
I have another app on my Mobile that creates the 'activity' post when I update the list so I'm not sure what I do wrong here.

chikorita157

Yes, you need to check for any entries that are accidentally set to private. It shouldn't happen to new titles or titles that haven't been updated by the program before.

chikorita157

3.0 Alpha 4 is now released, which fixes the crashes with correction.

Hachidori requires macOS 10.11 El Capitan or later.

• Fix crash when a user tries to correct a title.

Known Issues

chikorita157

Alpha 6 is now released, which improves stability and attempts to fix Wakanim stream detection. I do not have access to Wakanim, but there are those who have access to it can test it out for me. If it doesn't work, please provide the page title and url so I can sort it out.

The changelog is below. You can update to this build by checking for updates.

• Attempt to fix Wakanim stream detection
  • Code improvements
  • Improve title recognition stability
  • Temporarily remove MAL Sync
chikorita157

Hachidori 3.0 Alpha 7 is now released with automatic Start and Finish date setting as you start and complete an Anime series. This release also improves title recognition for AniList.

You can update to this build by checking for updates.

New Features

• Hachidori will now set start and end dates automatically

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Improve title recognition for AniList
  • Add input validation for Status Update and check the status of an anime if it’s airing or completed before making the update.
chakku

Having an issue with login/authorization for Hachidori and Shukofukurou. I login and authorize with my account and get a message confirming I'm logged in but it's not detected as logged in on the main window. Is there a setting I need to change to use AniList as opposed to Kitsu?

chikorita157

I have seen this question before. To use AniList, you need to select it from the Services menu.

chakku

Wasn't looking hard enough, cheers.

chikorita157

3.0-alpha 8 is now released. This release adds Asiancrush stream detection support and adds a reminder after login notifying users about the Service menu. I decided to add this because I received questions on how to use AniList on Hachidori and a few users were confused how to switch to that service.

To install this update, check for updates.

New Features

• Asiancrush stream detection support
  • Add a message that shows after login telling the user about the Service menu.
chikorita157

3.0 Alpha 9 is now released. It fixes the crashing issue when you correct a title when using the AniList service. The next release will probably be a Beta release. If the next few Betas are stable enough, I will make a final release.

To update, check for updates.

New Features

• Allow MAL Updater OS X Donation Licenses to be accepted

Bug Fixes

• Fix bug when an AniList user corrects a newly added title with "Delete Title on Correction" enabled in the correction dialog
  • Improve Plex Media Server detection.
  • Removed MAL Sync feature (Due to MAL API long downtime). MyAnimeList support will be added back if the API ever returns.
chikorita157

We are now in Beta. If the testing goes well, we will be ready for a final release in a few weeks.

To update to this release, simply check for updates. Change log is below.

New Features

• The current service name will appear on the menu

• Show site name in the offline queue.
  • Fix offline queue capability for AniList
  • Add missing title synopsis in the Title Correction dialog
  • Remove HTML tags from the synopsis for AniList
  • Add end date to the additional information section, if available.
chikorita157

We have gone gold. The change log is below.

Hachidori requires macOS 10.11 El Capitan or later. Compatible with macOS Mojave Beta.

If you are using macOS Mojave Betas, note that when you scrobble a title, the program will prompt for Automation. Choose Allow so Hachidori’s functionality will work. Not allowing it will cause Hachidori being unable to detect anything from your web browser or VLC.

If you mess up, run this command. It will reset Automation permissions, allowing to reauthorize the app.

tccutil reset AppleEvents

New Features

• macOS Mojave Support
  • Add support for AniList
  • Add support for Anime Relations, replaces Auto Exceptions for zero episodes, split-cours and abnormal episode numberings.
  • Add Discord Rich Presence support
  • Add ability to tweet on scrobble
  • Add torrent browser and ability to download torrents automatically (Donors only)
  • Hachidori will now set start and end dates automatically
  • Asiancrush stream detection support
  • Allow MAL Updater OS X Donation Licenses to be accepted (New Format)

• Auto Exceptions renamed to Auto Title Correction
  • Improve Auto Title Correction for titles that have a season number
  • Improve Title Recognition
  • Replace most of the toolbar icons, most coming from Icons8
  • The prompt to ask a user to move Hachidori to the Applications folder is now back.
  • Fix crash when a user tries to correct a title.
  • Add support for new license format for donation licenses
  • Fix crash when a user haven't set a profile name in Kitsu. Use the display name first instead.
  • Add support for logging into Kitsu using E-Mail addresses.
  • Attempt to fix Wakanim stream detection
  • Improve title recognition stability
  • Improve Plex Media Server detection.
  • Removed MAL Sync feature (Due to MAL API long downtime). MyAnimeList support will be added back if the API ever returns.
  • Add input validation for Status Update and check the status of an anime if it's airing or completed before making the update.
  • Add end date to the additional information section, if available.

@josh If you have the chance, feel free to add this app to the Apps page.

chikorita157

Hachidori 3.0.1 is now released with improved macOS Mojave compatibility and adds Anime Digital Network stream detection support.

Note: Latest versions of Google Chrome needs to enable the "Allow Javascript from Apple Events." To do this, go to View > Developer and enable "Allow Javascript from Apple Events"

@josh if you have the chance, please add this app to the Apps page since it's finished.

To install this update, check for updates. Change log is below.

New Features

• Anime Digital Network Stream Detection Support
  • App is now Notarized for macOS Mojave
  • Add usage description for Automation under macOS Mojave describing it's uses for media detection

• Changed how stream detection works to work better under macOS Mojave while maintaining compatibility for older macOS versions.
  • Improve Funimation stream detection
  • Avoid stream detection from getting an exception of the DOM can't be retrieved in Google Chrome.
Josh
mod

Ah good :) Yeah will get it added for the next push

zaviier
Top NEET

Any windows version?

chikorita157

Read the first post. It's specifically developed for macOS. If you are using Windows, use Taiga instead.

chikorita157

3.0.2 is now released. This release improves Plex Media Server detection. If you are playing transcoded media via Plex, Plex will use the Plex Agent's metadata to retrieve the title, episode, and season information. If metadata is not available, the title will be used instead.

The change log is below.

• Improve Plex Media Server Detection when a user is playing transcoded media.