Anime Watching Challenge: Beginner's Challenge
Badge for Completion:
- You cannot use the same anime to fulfill multiple requirements
- You cannot use an anime you previously watched
- You may use previously watched under the following conditions:
- You have seen everything in a specific requirement
- There are less than three options available that you have not seen, and they have 50+ episodes
- The options left for those you haven’t seen do not have a subtitled version
- If you do use previously watched, leave a note under that requirement as to why
- You can use an anime you have previously started
- You can use currently airing anime, but they must be finished airing before you submit your challenge as completed
- There is no time limit for the challenge
- Challenge start date is considered the day you post
- Your profile must be set to public so we can verify your anime list and activity
- Post a reply in this forum when you start the challenge with the code we have provided below. Please include the name of the challenge as well as challenge start and finish dates.
- You can keep track of your progress through editing your submission here, or update it when you are finished.
- Please use the code we have provided for your challenge submission. You can edit it however you want as long as it follows the same format.
- You can find the challenge code here: Beginner’s Challenge Code
- Fill out the portions in red text only to keep code formatting
- When you have fulfilled all of the requirements for a challenge, please post a link to your final submission in the Challenge Submissions forum post.
You can get a link by clicking on the link icon on your forum reply. Post that comment web address to the challenge submissions forum. This makes it easier for reviewers instead of looking through multiple forums for submissions
Example of formatting:Formatting for challenge submissions should include the following information:
- Start: DD/MM Finish: DD/MM Challenge Requirement: Link with Anime Title Additional Information
Beginner’s Challenge Requirements:
- Watch an anime that combines your favorite and least favorite genre
Use AL's stat page in your profile to find your favorite and least favorite genres. Base your favorite and least favorite genres on mean score. If you do not have a mean score, you can use total count. Provide a screenshot just in case your stats change. Make sure screenshot includes your username! If you cannot find / have watched all the anime with that combination, go to your second favorite, then second least favorite and so on until you find an anime you haven’t watched. You are not required to watch a sequel if you have not already seen the original. If your least favorite is Hentai, you can move up to your second least favorite.
- Watch an anime recommended to you by a fellow AL user
Get a recommendation from a fellow AL user by using the general discussion channel. Provide a screenshot showing recommendation.
- Watch an anime with a number in the title
- Watch an anime that aired this year
- Watch an anime with less than 12 episodes
11 episodes or less. Episode length doesn't matter.
- Finish watching a show on your dropped list
State how many episodes you previously watched. If you do not have any dropped anime, choose one from your on-hold list
- Watch an anime recently reviewed on AL
On the front page of AL is a recently reviewed section. Choose an anime from one of the four recently reviewed. If you have already seen the first four (or they only contain options will 50+ episodes / shows you cannot physically find), click on "recently reviewed" and select the first anime you haven't seen. Provide a screenshot
- Watch an anime scored below 70% on AL
Choose an anime with a score 69% or lower on AL. State the score
- Watch an anime score above 80% on AL
Choose an anime with a score 81% or higher on AL. State the score.
- Watch a one word titled anime
- Watch an anime scored 9 or above from a fellow challenge participant’s anime list
State the participant's username and link to profile, or provide a screenshot.
- Choose an anime from any of the AWC Staff member's favorite anime list
Must be an anime you haven't watched. If you have watched all anime from every AWC Staff member’s favorite list, ask an AWC staff member for a recommendation. Lazareen | Shoxi | Electrochemist | Kondor | annahoj | akaDry | breathesunshine | GrandPanacea | MrMustache | Moha | Nymh | Plusho | Resire | Skirider7 | TrapperHell
- Watch a sequel / spin off / alternative to something you've already watched
State the related series! You can find related series on the anime page under “Relations”
- Watch an anime with your favorite voice actor / staff member
State the voice actor / staff member
- Watch an anime from your favorite studio
State your favorite studio
- Watch an anime that aired during the winter
- Watch an anime that doesn't contain any of your top 3 most watched genres
Top 3 genres taken from main profile page
- Watch an Original anime
Source on AniList must be Original. You can find the source in the left information bar of the anime page
- Watch an anime with a title that starts with the last letter of your username
Must match your current username. If you plan on changing your username provide a screenshot of your Profile page with previous username.
- Watch an anime with the format of TV Short
Type on AniList must be TV Short. You can find the Type in the left information bar of the anime page