I dont like the term "mecha"

SH1VA
i do not like the term mecha. it is not the manga/anime that have this term attached to them it is the term itself. i mean look at gundam 1979 it is one of the best action/drama of retro shows. sure compared to today the action might be different but once you get into the drama and characters you get invested into the action. mecha it self just describes that a show or a manga has giant robot of sorts thrown there as a weapon instead of using guns or other stuff. many times the mecha has nothing to do with the story. it is like making a new genre called guns. the story spends one ep or two admiring the gun then proceed to the actual story. sometimes the robot dont appear a lot in the story. it might act as sort of character but at end it is not like your typical mecha story. for example eureka seven. it was mostly drama slice of life and few action sequences over it. i am not saying mecha stories are bad nor they are good. i am just explaining that i dont like the word itself. and no i wont ask anyone to stop using it or anything like that.
7 Replies