[Spoilers] Steins;Gate 0 - Episode 18 [Discussion]

LoliTamer
Discussion thread for SteinsGate 0 episode 18. Official Websitehttp://steinsgate0anime.com/ Twitterhttps://twitter.com/sganime?lang=en How did you feel about this episode? Wow what a way to finish the scene. We finally got the super not obvious reveal that Leskinen was the one who brainwashed Kagari and planned to steal the time machine. They really villainized him in the anime and even went out of their way to include Daru and Maho in that scene. A really low key spoiler for the VN Leskinen is not bad in every route. Since the anime is one big route they had to go with it and leave nothing to save his moral character. I dont think its a bad thing but I just wanted to say that Leskinen isnt always fucked up. They did a really good job with emotions in this episode especially by including Daru and Maho. The Kagari massacre scene was the big thing I was waiting for too and that was exciting. I know they couldnt go completely graphic like how it was described in the VN but it was pretty solid and fulfilling. Another big thing they changed about the scene was the twist at the end which I believe was the right decision. I wont spoil what it is just in case anyone here wants to play the VN but it was a plot twist not many people enjoyed. I thought it was kinda interesting but at the same time it really ruined Kagaris character including how she was in the rest of the VN. I wont spend the whole time comparing though so Ill get to the more anime intensive analysis. Now the rest of this episode was mostly well executed. There were a few times where I felt they should of focused on a scene a bit more like Mayuris text at the end and just the whole time machine exploding conflict. I know they didnt have a lot of time left in the episode but they could of added more dramatic despair elements to the whole time machine exploding and war breaking out. Again they did a good job with Okabes suffering and his complete hopelessness and disappointment in himself and how the choice Kurisu made was worthless. The episode did end on a sort of weird cliffhanger where stuff felt like it needed to be explained or fleshed out but they had no time and saved that for the next episode which is completely fine. Another thing I wanted to point out was Leskinen pretty much throwing Kurisu in the trash and using her knowledge for his own was really messed up with how Maho reacted. It made me really upset Ignoring the fact I want to protec Maho and only made Leskinen look worse. To wrap it up they did a good job with the scene overall with what they had to work with and the decisions they made up to this point with all the route changes and such. I would give that whole rooftop scene a 78/10 compared to the VN and just general quality. TLDR Protec Maho rip Suzuha and Mayuri bad Leskinen oof my heart
No replies yet ˚‧º·(˚ ˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥ )‧º·˚