[Spoilers] Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai - Episode 13 Discussion

AniBot

Discussion thread for Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl-senpai no Yume wo Minai episode 13. Aired Thursday, 27-Dec-2018 02:15:00 JST.

You can find/watch Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl-senpai no Yume wo Minai at the following sites:

What did you think of the episode?

• Favorite scene/moment?
  • Enjoying the series so far?
  • What do you expect or want to happen next?

This is an automated thread, if you would like to take ownership of this thread please message @Josh

18 Replies
bigworld12

so in the end, what are the injuries on sakuta's chest ?

HyphenSam

It seems to be caused when Sakuta is in great distress.

MeeMeeThief

In the light novel he says something along the lines of "If I had to guess, (the scars) were a form of self harm after I could not protect Kaede" So even he doesn't know but I think this is the best reason

RogueTofu

my final cry for this series, Kaede arc is just too sad

also someone help me out here with Shoko

Gorzalt

We will probably know more when the movie is released. Or you could read manga.

RogueTofu

great, I'll be looking forward to the movie even more then :)

Lunox

Alright conclusion to a good series. The episode sets up nicely for the upcoming movie.

komio
Donator

There are still so many unanswered questions.

1. Who's Shoko?
  2. What's Sakuta injury all about?
  3. What happened to panda Kaede? She's not really gone... right??

I guess I'll have to wait for the movie, but I don't mind spoiler here :)

zynco

I have a theory for both of your questions, but I don't wanna spoil if they are correct. Should I say it?

For #3, yes, Hiragana Kaede is pretty much gone unless they do something special in the movie.

komio
Donator

Let's hear your theory

zynco

Shoko's existence is Sakuta's adolescence syndrome, it explains why you never see her regularly, only when Sakuta needs mental help. After Sakuta's mental state is normal, she goes away in a blink of an eye like she never existed. This would also explain the strange supernatural circumstance of how she is much younger than when he originally saw her. This explanation also would go with the theme of the story, because Sakuta individually helped everyone out with their adolescence syndrome, but now this upcoming movie should be about him and it's now everyone else's turn to help him out. Shoko also refers herself in third person, and gives off a strange vibe. She is always there at the perfect time, which also is the reason why Mai got mad this episode (she couldn't be there to help him when he needed her the most). Another weird thing is how she acts like its her job to help Sakuta.

"It looks like Sakuta is all right now, so Shoko will be going home" -Shoko's letter she left during episode 13. Kind of strange to always leave or "disappear' when he's feeling okay, then show up at the perfect time. I wouldn't come up with something like this if we had seen any family members, or her house but we've seen nothing.

It's nothing too crazy, but it's a possibility.

komio
Donator

Yes, I think it's highly likely it will go down as you mentioned. Though, I would hate to see panda Kaede gone.

I think panda Kaeda might have something to do with the appearance of Shoko's existence. Perhaps Kaede is Shoko.

smearz

I love the symbolism at the end of the episode, the final shot of the series. An empty hospital bed, more or less resembling a death bed of someone. A bitter sweet, yet still sweet, ending to a phenomenal series. Rest in Peace, Kaede (Hiragana)

JCarlo

No kiss?

OttoVonBismarck

Holy s*it, that cliffhanger was depressing as hell! If it wasn't for that future sequel, I would have severely cursed my decision of watching this show. This only left me depressed as hell. Some may call this temporary ending as wholesome. I call it disappointing. Not even a kiss at the end.
Anyway, what I REALLY..... I MEAN REALLY hope is that ''our'' Kaede that we know won't dissapear. If I were to place a bet, I would say that they'll go with the same thing as they did with Futaba AKA personality merge which I personally see it as a letdown. I liked much more ''that'' Kaede than the original one.

In terms of theory, everything must be linked Sakuta's adolescent syndrome that we have yet to discover. Though I'd like to think that Shouko is time / dimensional traveling , most likely she is either an illusion and the possession of the 7th grader.

HadriAn
Donator

I feel like I didn't fully understand that last arc, is Kaede's arc over? Are we supposed to understand that she will be bullied again and forget her memories once more? Because she didn't really beat her adolescence syndrome...

I am mildly confused.

kasia045

For how good the rest of the series was. This last episode fell flat and wasn't a good ending at all in my opinion. it takes the anime from being "pretty good" to "meh, its alright"

jiji220

place a bet, I would say that they'll go with the same thing as they did with Futaba AKA personality merge which I personally see it as a letdown. I liked m https://audacity.onl/ https://findmyiphone.onl/ https://origin.onl/