What are your most anticipated anime for 2019?

lecarres

Now that 2018 is almost over, it's time to look ahead to the new year! There's already plenty of cool looking anime announced for 2019 - which ones are you most excited for and why?

11 Replies
lecarres
Donator

Here's what I'm looking forward to most so far:

Sarazanmai
Fantasy,
TV · Not Yet Released · Spring 2019 ·

Why? I love pretty much everything that Kunihiko Ikuhara has done. Revolutionary Girl Utena and Mawaru Penguindrum are two of my favourite shows of all time, and even though Yuri Kuma Arashi wasn't amazing, it still had some really interesting themes. I really hope that Sarazanmai is going to be a 2-cour anime though because Ikuhara's projects are definitely better when he has more time to work with.

Chihayafuru 3
Drama, Sports,

Why? I loved Chihayafuru, but I had long since lost hope of ever getting another season of the anime and was getting ready to just read the manga. Luckily, six years later we're finally getting more anime! I never thought I would be so invested in an anime about playing a game I didn't even know existed beforehand.

Fruits Basket
Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Slice of Life,

Why? Fruits Basket was the first manga I ever read (and finished, something I'm still kinda bad at doing...) and I absolutely loved it. 12 year old me was fully engrossed in the drama but the old anime is SUCH a disappointment! I'm so shocked that this is finally happening but I'm so, so glad that this story will finally get the full adaptation it deserves.

Yakusoku no Neverland
Mystery, Psychological, Supernatural, Thriller, Horror,
TV · Releasing · Winter 2019 · 81%

Why? I'm not fully caught up with the manga yet, but I absolutely love what I've read so far - especially the first arc. There are going to be some stressful cliffhangers ahead for anime-only fans, so I'm really looking forward to seeing those reactions! I just hope that the anime will do justice to the manga.

Carole & Tuesday
Music, Sci-Fi,

Why? It's a new original TV anime by Shinichiro Watanabe, who directed Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Space Dandy and more! Even though his projects don't always appeal to me personally, I can appreciate the craft that goes into them and he always manages to get some very talented people to work alongside him.

Bonus mention: a full TV anime was announced for Lord El Melloi II Case Files like two hours ago after the special aired - I already can't wait!

ladyfreyja

7SEEDS
Action, Adventure, Drama, Horror,
ONA · Not Yet Released · Spring 2019 ·

Shōjo+proper sci-fi are kinda rare, but usually pretty good, since they're more often than not made by talented mangaka like Hagio, Shimizu or Takemiya.
Plus I really enjoyed the adaptation of the Legend of Basara from the same mangaka!
So I can only expect great things from it.

The close second is obviously

Sarazanmai
Fantasy,

Because Ikuhara.

lecarres
Donator

7SEEDS does look really interesting - we can always use more shoujo sci-fi!

jamer10

Fruits Basket

I have mixed feelings about this. I'm excited that it's coming out. That we'll get to see more of Tohru and her friends, but at the same time, I'm sad that it'll have different animation and Tohru won't be voiced by Yui Horie this time. There's one more thing that makes me sad, but I might spoil it for those who don't read the manga and I might trigger certain fans by expressing my opinion.

One Punch Man 2
Action, Comedy, Sci-Fi, Supernatural,

My older brother is looking forward to this more than I am, but I'm just thrilled to see more of Saitama and see new ways that he'll bring shame to the other super heroes.

Bungou Stray Dogs 3
Action, Comedy, Mystery, Supernatural,

This one I'm looking forward to the most. I enjoyed the first Season, and I especially loved the Second Season. I hope to see more development with Atsushi, more backstory with Kenji, a bit more backstory with Edogawa and as always, Dazai being awesome

stargirl

So many good anime coming out next year!

In January, I'm eager for Mob Psycho 2 and Yakusoku no Neverland the most.

For the future.. Sarazanmai, One Punch Man 2, Fruits Basket, and Bungou Stray Dogs 3. :)

gi90

most likely this:

One Punch Man 2
Action, Comedy, Sci-Fi, Supernatural,
because fisrt season was awesome, and manga is awesome too, i watched first season several times, i just can't wait

Carole & Tuesday
Music, Sci-Fi,
because Shinichiro Watanabe, reason good enough

Mob Psycho 100 II
Action, Comedy, Supernatural, Slice of Life,
TV · Releasing · Winter 2019 · 82%
the same reason as OPM

Dr. STONE
Adventure, Sci-Fi,
TV · Not Yet Released · Summer 2019 ·
because manga is brilliant

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu -Die Neue These- Seiran 1
Drama, Sci-Fi, Action,
Movie · Not Yet Released · 2019 ·
and other two LoGH movies, just because it's LoGH

Yakusoku no Neverland
Mystery, Psychological, Supernatural, Thriller, Horror,
TV · Releasing · Winter 2019 · 81%
wild card, i read few chapters of manga, but i stuck at beginning, i have high hopes here

edit:
i completely forgot about this:

Vinland Saga
Adventure, Action, Drama,
TV · Not Yet Released · 2019 ·
big fan of manga, i like vikings and history, i don't need more reasons to watch

TanyaTheEvil

I am Looking firward to:
Saga of Tanya the Evil Movie
A Certain Scientific Railgun III
A Cetain Scientific Accelerator
One Punch Man 2

Mimi
Donator

7SEEDS
Action, Adventure, Drama, Horror,
ONA · Not Yet Released · Spring 2019 ·

My favorite manga gets an adaptation, yay!

Fruits Basket

I've been waiting for a full adaptation since the manga ended. Really loved this anime back in the day. I hope it's as good as I remember it.

Kidou Senshi Gundam: Senkou no Hathaway
Mecha,
Movie · Not Yet Released ·

Because it's Gundam~

Mob Psycho 100 II
Action, Comedy, Supernatural, Slice of Life,
TV · Releasing · Winter 2019 · 82%

One of the few big ones coming out that I have not read the manga for. It's nice to be surprised now and then.

And of course there's Vinland Saga, The Promised Neverland, Chihayafuru S3, etc, but I've read those so recently that I'll probably wait until I need a refresher. Maybe just a peek at their first episodes. :3

RedkingHiro

i like those and shield hero, dororo mob, bogipop

PvaGlue

Domestic na Kanojo
Romance, Drama,
TV · Releasing · Winter 2019 · 67%

Although in doubt its going to be as good as the manga. There's a few other sequels that should be good but i need to have an indepth look at everything else to see whats worth watching.