AWC: March 2019 Challenge
Spring Cleaning Challenge: March 2019
The March 2019 Monthly Challenge is a little different than usual! In the spirit of spring cleaning, we encourage you to catch up with anime on your planning list, or any anime you plan to watch for our other AWC Challenges!
So - whether it’s for the Genre Challenges, Tiered Challenges, Special Challenges, or even finally starting a Winter 2019 Seasonal anime* - please relax and enjoy the freedom of watching 10 anime of your choice this month!
(Please note: the usual 1500 minute runtime and format rules still apply!)
Tier Challenges: Anime Beginner's Challenge • Anime Intermediate Challenge
Genre Challenges: Action • Adventure • Comedy • Drama • Ecchi • Fantasy • Hentai • Horror • Mahou Shoujo • Mecha • Music • Mystery • Psychological / Thriller • Romance • Sci-Fi • Slice of Life • Sports • Supernatural
Special Challenges: Gambler's Challenge • Zodiac Challenge
Current Seasonal Challenge: Winter 2019*
*Seasonal anime must have finished airing before you submit your challenge as completed
Hard Mode: The total runtime of all anime you watch added together must be a minimum of 1500 minutes.
- You can now check the total runtime of completed anime using our time checking tool!
You can use any number of anime from other challenges as long as they have not been started prior to 01/March/2019
- You can rewatch anime for this challenge, but the rewatched episodes must be visible in your activity feed and you must add the rewatch in the AniList List Editor
- You cannot use the same anime to fulfill multiple requirements within a challenge
- You cannot use speed watching to complete this challenge
Speed watching is watching an anime at 2x speed / 3x speed, etc. This goes against the spirit of these challenges which is to introduce you to anime you may not have watched otherwise
- You can use currently airing anime, but they must be finished airing before you submit your challenge as completed
- You cannot use anime with the format “Music”
- Your activity must include the start and end dates, which can be added in the AniList List Editor
- Your profile must be set to public so we can verify your anime list and activity
- March 1st 2019, 00:01 UTC — March 31st 2019, 23:59 UTC
- Post a reply in this forum when you start the challenge with the code we have provided below
- You can keep track of your progress through editing your submission here, or update it when you are finished
- Please use the code we have provided for your challenge submission. You can edit it however you want as long as it includes the same information
- You can find the challenge code here: March Monthly Challenge Code. Fill out the portions in red text only to keep code formatting
- When you have fulfilled all of the requirements for a challenge, please post a link to your final submission in the Challenge Submissions forum post
You can get a link by clicking on the link icon on your forum reply. Post that web address as a comment to the challenge submissions forum. This makes it easier for reviewers instead of looking through multiple forums for submissions
- Challenges must be submitted by March 31st 2019, 23:59 UTC
Formatting for challenge submissions must include the following information:
- Start: DD/MM Finish: DD/MM Challenge Requirement: Link with Anime Title Additional information
Only submissions via the AniList forum will be accepted. This means outside spreadsheets or documents will not be reviewed.
Don’t like having to fill out the challenge code? Check out our code generator! Paste your information into the generator and it will create the code for you.
This generator is still in beta: if you find issues, please let us know on our Discord or message Nymh
We have an AWC Recommendation bot - and it is enabled for this challenge!
Have you been having a hard time trying to figure out which anime would fit which challenge requirement?
Fret not! The bot is here to help you. Here's what you need to do:
1. Type in your reply as usual - you can leave the anime entries empty or as placeholders for now
2. On a new line anywhere in your message type-in the following: Opt-In
3. The phrase “Opt-In” must be in bold and have the dash between opt and in
The bot will periodically check for opt-ins (this process may take a number of hours). Once it sees your entry it will check for all anime in your Plan to Watch list and advises you (in the form of a reply) on which of your anime fit a given requirement (if any). As a bonus, the app will also check your Completed anime list for Genre Challenge Easy-Mode completion.
This bot is still in beta. This comes with the usual baggage... Here's the fine-detail that you should know:
1. Accuracy: The bot can only recommend anime for a predefined list of requirements. Some (or all) of the requirements have to be selected manually. Any (or all) recommendations provided by the bot should be double-checked before setting them up in the challenge.
2. Liability: The bot (and the AWC staff) cannot be held responsible for your failing to meet any requirement as per the bot suggestion(s). Neither can they be held responsible for the bot's failure to provide recommendations or for any possible malfunctions (no reply / multiple replies etc).
3. Availability: The bot may be taken down at any time during the challenge - with and without any prior announcement. This is especially likely if any severe bugs are discovered.
4. Feedback: Constructive-criticism is welcomed and greatly appreciated. This does not guarantee in any way that your suggestion will make it through. If you have any feedback please talk to us on Discord or message TrapperHell
March 2019 - Spring Cleaning Challenge Requirements:
- Your 1st show must have the “TV” format, the remaining 9 can have any format except “Music”
- Hard Mode only: The total runtime of all anime you watch added together must still be a minimum of 1500 minutes
- 1. Watch an anime with the format “TV”
- Required for Easy Mode - You MUST complete this requirement and 4 others.
- 2. Watch an anime
- 3. Watch an anime
- 4. Watch an anime
- 5. Watch an anime
- 6. Watch an anime
- 7. Watch an anime
- 8. Watch an anime
- 9. Watch an anime
- 10. Watch an anime
AWC FAQ Post
AWC Submissions Thread
AWC Challenge Discussion / Suggestions
If you are having a difficult time finding an anime to fulfill a certain requirement, feel free to ask in our Challenge Discussion Forum, ask us on Discord, or ask a fellow AniList member for a recommendation.