AWC: Studio Ghibli Collection Challenge
Studio Ghibli Collection Challenge
Explore the world of Studio Ghibli in our first studio collection challenge! By completing a line of 5 anime from the bingo board you can earn a colour-pop Kiki badge, or earn the full version by clearing the board! So, all aboard the catbus~ let's get this castle moving~ it's time to get spirited away!
- Bingo: Complete one vertical, horizontal or diagonal line of 5 anime from the bingo board to earn the grey colour-pop badge.
Clear the Board: Complete all anime on the bingo board to earn the full colour badge.
You can use any number of anime you have already completed
- You can use any number of anime from other challenges
- You cannot change the layout of the bingo board
- You cannot use speed watching to complete this challenge
Speed watching is watching an anime at 2x speed / 3x speed, etc. This goes against the spirit of these challenges which is to introduce you to anime you may not have watched otherwise
There is no time limit to this challenge
You should try to include the start and end dates for each anime, which can be added in the AniList List Editor. Please make a note in your post if you do not recall the exact date you completed an anime.
Your profile must be set to public so we can verify your anime list and activity
- Post a reply in this thread when you start the challenge with the code we have provided below
- You can keep track of your progress through editing your submission here, or update it when you are finished
- Please use the code template we have provided for your challenge submission. You can edit it however you want as long as it includes the same information
- You can find the challenge code here: Studio Ghibli Challenge Code. Fill out the portions in red text only to keep code formatting
- When you have fulfilled all of the requirements for a challenge, please post a link to your final submission in the Challenge Submissions Thread
You can get a link by clicking on the link icon on your forum reply. Post that web address as a comment to the challenge submissions forum. This makes it easier for reviewers instead of looking through multiple forums for submissions
Formatting for challenge submissions must include the following information:
A1. Start: DD/MM Finish: DD/MM Link with Anime Title
Only submissions via the AniList forum will be accepted. This means submissions via Discord, spreadsheets or other documents will not be reviewed.
Challenge Checker Bot
We have an AWC Challenge Checker bot - and it is enabled for this challenge! It will check your completed anime for bingo lines.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Type in your reply as usual - you can leave the anime entries empty or as placeholders for now
2. On a new line anywhere in your message type-in the following: Opt-In
3. The phrase “Opt-In” must be in bold and have the dash between opt and in
The bot will periodically check for opt-ins (this process may take a number of hours). Once it sees your entry it checks for anime in your Completed anime list and advises you (in the form of a reply) on which of your anime form a horizontal, vertical or diagonal line.
This bot is still in beta. This comes with the usual baggage... Here's the fine-detail that you should know:
1. Accuracy: The bot can only recommend anime for a predefined list of requirements. Some (or all) of the requirements have to be selected manually. Any (or all) recommendations provided by the bot should be double-checked before setting them up in the challenge.
2. Liability: The bot (and the AWC staff) cannot be held responsible for your failing to meet any requirement as per the bot suggestion(s). Neither can they be held responsible for the bot's failure to provide recommendations or for any possible malfunctions (no reply / multiple replies etc).
3. Availability: The bot may be taken down at any time during the challenge - with and without any prior announcement. This is especially likely if any severe bugs are discovered.
4. Feedback: Constructive-criticism is welcomed and greatly appreciated. This does not guarantee in any way that your suggestion will make it through. If you have any feedback please talk to us on Discord or message TrapperHell
You can watch any anime listed on Studio Ghibli’s AniList page
Please note, many short films by Studio Ghibli are shown exclusively at the Ghibli Museum in Japan. We therefore advise that you do not attempt to source the following (unless of course you have visited or plan to visit the Ghibli Museum!)
Ghibli Museum Shorts
Boro The Caterpillar
Mr. Dough and the Egg Princess
Water Spider Monmon
Looking for a Home
The Day I Harvested a Star
Mei And The Kittenbus
Imaginary Flying Machines
Koro's Big Day Out
The Whale Hunt
Other Ghibli Productions
You can watch any anime listed on Studio Ghibli’s AniList page, in the future this will include Miyazaki's new film, How Do You Live?, which is scheduled to release in 2020.
On Your Mark
Space Station No. 9
Doredore no Uta
Project Flying City
The Path of Wind
Taiko Drum Master 15th Anniversary
Nisshin Seifun Commercials
House Foods: Ouchi de Tabeyou
Umacha Tasty Tea
The Sky-Colored Seed
If there is another Ghibli-related production you would like to watch instead, but it is not listed on the Studio Ghibli page, please message @Plusho who may give you a special exemption. Generally, anime listed here will be accepted, but you must receive permission first.
We now have a suggestions box for you to nominate your favourite studio!
Note: The bingo board is based on anime that is included on AniList's Studio Ghibli page - questions about why an anime is / is not on the board can be answered by the fact the anime was / was not listed under Studio Ghibli at the time this challenge was created. Please consider the Free Space if you want to watch an anime that is not on the board.