AWC: June 2019 Challenge
Monthly Challenge: June 2019
Hard Mode: The total runtime of all anime you watch added together must be a minimum of 1500 minutes.
- You can check the total runtime of completed anime using our time checking tool!
You can watch each anime at any time during June, but you must submit your completed challenge before the deadline
- You can use any number of anime from other challenges as long as they allow sharing
- You cannot rewatch an anime or use an anime you started before June
- You cannot use the same anime to fulfill multiple requirements within this challenge
- You cannot use speed watching to complete this challenge
Speed watching is watching an anime at 2x speed / 3x speed, etc. This goes against the spirit of these challenges which is to introduce you to anime you may not have watched otherwise
- You cannot use anime with the format “Music”
- Your activity must include the start and end dates, which can be added in the AniList List Editor
- Your profile must be set to public so we can verify your anime list and activity
- June 1st 2019, 00:01 UTC — June 30th 2019, 23:59 UTC
- Post a reply in this thread when you start the challenge with the code we have provided below
- You can keep track of your progress through editing your submission here, or update it when you are finished
- Please use the code template we have provided for your challenge submission. You can edit it however you want as long as it includes the same information
- You can find the challenge code here: June Monthly Challenge Code. Fill out the portions in red text only to keep code formatting
- When you have fulfilled all of the requirements for a challenge, please post a link to your final submission in the Challenge Submissions Thread
You can get a link by clicking on the link icon on your forum reply. Post that web address as a comment to the challenge submissions forum. This makes it easier for reviewers instead of looking through multiple forums for submissions
- Challenges must be submitted by June 30th, 2019 23:59 UTC
Formatting for challenge submissions must include the following information:
- Start: DD/MM Finish: DD/MM Challenge Requirement: Link with Anime Title Additional information
Only submissions via the AniList forum will be accepted. This means submissions via Discord, spreadsheets or other documents will not be reviewed.
We have an AWC Recommendation bot - and it is enabled for this challenge!
Have you been having a hard time trying to figure out which anime would fit which challenge requirement?
Fret not! The bot is here to help you. Here's what you need to do:
1. Type in your reply as usual - you can leave the anime entries empty or as placeholders for now
2. On a new line anywhere in your message type-in the following: Opt-In
3. The phrase “Opt-In” must be in bold and have the dash between opt and in
The bot will periodically check for opt-ins (this process may take a number of hours). Once it sees your entry it will check for all anime in your Plan to Watch list and advises you (in the form of a reply) on which of your anime fit a given requirement (if any). As a bonus, the app will also check your Completed anime list for Genre Challenge Easy-Mode completion.
This bot is still in beta. This comes with the usual baggage... Here's the fine-detail that you should know:
1. Accuracy: The bot can only recommend anime for a predefined list of requirements. Some (or all) of the requirements have to be selected manually. Any (or all) recommendations provided by the bot should be double-checked before setting them up in the challenge.
2. Liability: The bot (and the AWC staff) cannot be held responsible for your failing to meet any requirement as per the bot suggestion(s). Neither can they be held responsible for the bot's failure to provide recommendations or for any possible malfunctions (no reply / multiple replies etc).
3. Availability: The bot may be taken down at any time during the challenge - with and without any prior announcement. This is especially likely if any severe bugs are discovered.
4. Feedback: Constructive-criticism is welcomed and greatly appreciated. This does not guarantee in any way that your suggestion will make it through. If you have any feedback please talk to us on Discord or message TrapperHell
June 2019: Nature
- 1. Watch an anime with the format “TV” and both the genres “Adventure” AND “Fantasy”
- Required for Easy Mode - You MUST complete this requirement and 4 others.
- 2. Watch an anime with the tag “Environmental”, “Rural” or “Outdoor”
- 3. Watch an anime that features flowers on the AniList cover or banner art
- Helpful community lists of examples: Shishi-odoshi and Cherry Blossoms
- If it is not on the list, you must provide a screenshot showing the cherry blossoms or shishi-odoshi (Note: just the “donk” sound is not enough)
- Please help us improve these lists by adding suggestions!
- 5. Renewable Energy: Watch an anime with the tag “Steampunk”, “Cyberpunk” or any tag from the Vehicle category
- 6. Natural Disaster: Watch an anime with the tag “Post-Apocalyptic”, “Dystopian” or “Lost Civilization”
- 7. Watch an anime with a title that includes the name of a plant or animal species
- eg. Rose, Wolf, Clover, Bunny, Sakura, Neko
- English or Romaji titles only
- 8. Recycled: Watch an anime that is a remake (or that has/is an “Alternative” or “Summary” relation on AniList)
- State the related anime
- 9. Mother Nature: Watch an anime with a character that is a Mom
- State the character
- 10. The Cycle of Life: Watch an anime with the tag “Reincarnation”, “Afterlife” or “Isekai”
- Please be careful of spoilers when choosing an anime to watch
AWC Master Post
AWC FAQ Post
AWC Submissions Thread
AWC Challenge Discussion / Suggestions
If you are having a difficult time finding an anime to fulfill a certain requirement, feel free to ask in our Challenge Discussion Forum, ask us on Discord, or ask a fellow AniList member for a recommendation.