MRC: Manga City - Museum
— Museum —
Saichi Sugimoto from Golden Kamuy
Badge designed by: Moha
The term manga used throughout the challenge encompasses Manga, Light Novels, Manhua, Manhwa, and Doujinshi. If it is included on AniList under the search for Manga, it counts for the manga challenge
Minimum total chapter count: 300 chapters
- You cannot use the same manga to fulfill multiple requirements within a challenge
- You cannot use already completed manga
- You cannot reread manga
- You can use currently releasing manga, but you have to be caught up to the current chapter at the time of challenge submission.
- You can use up to 3 previously started manga. You must state what chapter you are on at the start of the challenge. If previously started, and manga is:
a) Fully released, then you have to finish it;
b) Being released, then you have to be caught up to the current chapter and have read at least one additional chapter. This means you can’t be caught up with manga on a hiatus and use it without reading any additional chapters.
List the last chapter and volume read. If no volume, the chapter alone will suffice
Challenge start date is considered the day you post
- There is no time limit to complete this challenge
- Your activity must include the start and end dates, which can be added in the AniList List Editor
Your profile must be set to public so we can verify your manga list and activity
Post a reply in this forum when you start the challenge with the code we have provided below
You can keep track of your progress through editing your submission here, or update it when you are finished
- Please use the code we have provided for your challenge submission. You can edit it however you want as long as it follows the same format
- You can find the challenge code here: Museum Challenge Code
- Fill out the portions in red text only to keep code formatting
- When you have fulfilled all of the requirements for a challenge mode, please post a link to your submission in the Challenge Submissions forum post.
You will need to state which challenge you are submitting for.
You can get a link by clicking on the link icon on your forum reply. Post that comment web address to the challenge submissions forum. This makes it easier for reviewers instead of looking through multiple forums for submissions
Formatting for challenge submissions should include the following information:
- Start: DD/MM/YY Finish: DD/MM/YY Challenge Requirement: Link with Manga Title Additional Information
We now have an AL AWC Recommendation bot - and it is enabled for this challenge!
Have you been having a hard time trying to figure out which manga would fit which challenge requirement?
Fret not! The bot is here to help you. Here's what you need to do:
1. Type in your reply as usual - you can leave the manga entries empty or as placeholders for now
2. On a new line anywhere in your message type-in the following: Opt-In
3. The phrase “Opt-In” must be in bold and have the dash between opt and in
The bot will periodically check for opt-ins (this process may take a number of minutes - up to 10 minutes). Once it sees your entry it will check for all manga in your Planning list and advises you (in the form of a reply) on which of your manga fit a given requirement (if any).
This bot is still in very early beta. This comes with the usual baggage... Here's the fine-detail that you should know:
1. Accuracy: The bot can only recommend manga for a predefined list of requirements. Some (or all) of the requirements have to be selected manually. Any (or all) recommendations provided by the bot should be double-checked before setting them up in the challenge.
2. Liability: The bot (and the AWC staff) cannot be held responsible for your failure to meet any requirement as per the bot suggestion(s). Neither can they be held responsible for the bot's failure to provide recommendations or for any possible malfunctions (no reply / multiple replies etc).
3. Availability: The bot may be taken down at any time during the challenge - with and without any prior announcement. This is especially likely if any severe bugs are discovered.
4. Feedback: Constructive-criticism is welcomed and greatly appreciated. This does not guarantee in any way that your suggestion will make it through. If you have any feedback please talk to us on Discord or message TrapperHell.
- 1. Museum Trip: Read a manga with the tag “Skeleton” or “Anachronism” or “Mythology”
- 2. Read a manga that takes place in the 19th century or earlier
- If the time period is not stated in the manga’s AniList description, you must include a link to a page that states the period in which the manga is set
- 3. Read a manga that features a historical figure as a character
- State the character
- Must be a specific figure from history or mythology
- Include a link to the historical figure’s Wikipedia page
- 4. Read a manga that began releasing in 1990 or before
- 5. Read a manga with the tags “Historical” and “Swordplay”
- 6. Read a manga that is set during wartime
- 7. Read a manga with a character that has royal status
- State the character and their status
- If the royal status is not noted in the character’s AniList description, you must include a link to a page that notes the character’s status
- 8. Read a manga that takes place in a historical setting outside of Japan
- State the setting and the place
- 9. Read a manga that features an object that is not used in the present day
- State the object
- Include a screenshot of the object
- 10. Read a manga from an author that has passed away