Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - Episode 5 Discussion

papsoshea

Sorry for the very one-sided OP but, I can't with Arifureta. The episode starts off with some pedobait for the self-inserts to feel amazing about themselves as Hajime being naked in bed with Yue ("gUyZ sHeS hUnDReDs oF yEArS oLd") panders to their pedophilia desires. We see more hideous CGI battles. And just like that, Hajime gets given new power. And let's wrap up the episode like how it started, instead of a bed, swap out for a bath + the chuunibyou-look transformation. This anime is so bad lol

What did you think of the episode?

• Favorite scene/moment?
  • Enjoying the series so far?
  • What do you expect or want to happen next?
7 Replies
exLightning

I can see what you mean by her being pedo bait since she acts like a kid but I honestly don't care about that, My problem is that the character has no substance at all. Like she doesn't seem to have any motivation other than being with MC and her personality is solely her fawning over him.
MC isn't much better but at least we know his motivation.

With that in mind I surprisingly didn't mind the episode, Maybe the last episode just lowered my expectations too much but I am interested to see where the anime goes from here and to be honest the crystal eye looked pretty cool.

nathen

I really hate how they're pushing this "romance" between Yue and Hajime. It's fucking awful & i really wish this had been done by a different studio as well. the idea of him just getting really strong and going back up to the surface and trying to find a way home while also not being as edgy as Naofumi is cool. but it's just done so poorly. very disappointing.

snookie

atleast the mc doesnt act like a pussy and sound like one. thats one of the few reasons why im still watching it

nathen

Yeah same lol. at this point im really only watching it because i wanna know how everyone will react to him being super op, i hat the romance between him and some little vampire girl though.. so fucking weird imo

snookie

i love ecchi/romance so it doesnt bother me :3 imo

CluelessBadger

Okay so first of all, it's gonna be a tough one to answer the first question. My favorite scene in this episode is probably when the hologram of the Maverick appears out of the aged skeleton, because it has nothing to do with Yue and Hajime. Am I enjoying the series so far? Yes, and no. It has a very intriguing story to it and takes a twist from the usual "conventional magic " type anime, but the CGI is downright atrocious and like many people have said, the characters are stale. I do look forward for the weekly episodes as they are mildly entertaining, but this doesn't mean it is a good show. What I expect to happen in a future episode is for Hajime to meet back up with his classmates. Yeah, pretty self explanatory. This is also what I want to happen next because I love when the MC shows others' their power.

RedWolf170

This whole show has been a glorious mess and I can't stop laughing at it. Best comedy of 2019. As for the pedo bait thing I really don't care, Japan will be Japan and in the end of the day it's just fiction so it doesn't bother me at all, although I can see why it would bother others.