AWC: Kyoto Animation Collection Challenge
KyoAni Collection Challenge
Badges designed by Kondor
Bingo (Line of 5): Colour-Pop Badge
Clear the Board: Full-Colour Badge & 2 Challenge Points
- Bingo: Complete one vertical, horizontal or diagonal line of 5 anime from the bingo board to earn the grey colour-pop badge.
Clear the Board: Complete all anime on the bingo board to earn the full colour badge.
You can use any number of anime you have already completed
- You can use any number of anime from other challenges
- You cannot change the layout of the bingo board
- You cannot use speed watching to complete this challenge
Speed watching is watching an anime at 2x speed / 3x speed, etc. This goes against the spirit of these challenges which is to introduce you to anime you may not have watched otherwise
There is no time limit to this challenge
You should try to include the start and end dates for each anime, which can be added in the AniList List Editor. Please make a note in your post if you do not recall the exact date you completed an anime.
Your profile must be set to public so we can verify your anime list and activity
- Post a reply in this thread when you start the challenge with the code we have provided below
- You can keep track of your progress through editing your submission here, or update it when you are finished
- Please use the code template we have provided for your challenge submission. You can edit it however you want as long as it includes the same information
- You can find the challenge code here: KyoAni Challenge Code. Fill out the portions in red text only to keep code formatting
- When you have fulfilled all of the requirements for a challenge, please post a link to your final submission in the Challenge Submissions Thread
You can get a link by clicking on the link icon on your forum reply. Post that web address as a comment to the challenge submissions forum. This makes it easier for reviewers instead of looking through multiple forums for submissions
Formatting for challenge submissions must include the following information:
A1. Start: DD/MM/YYYY Finish: DD/MM/YYYY Link with Anime Title
Only submissions via the AniList forum will be accepted. This means submissions via Discord, spreadsheets or other documents will not be reviewed.
Challenge Checker Bot
We have an AWC Challenge Checker bot - and it is enabled for this challenge! It will check your completed anime for bingo lines.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Type in your reply as usual - you can leave the anime entries empty or as placeholders for now
2. On a new line anywhere in your message type-in the following: Opt-In
3. The phrase “Opt-In” must be in bold and have the dash between opt and in
The bot will periodically check for opt-ins (this process may take a number of hours). Once it sees your entry it checks for anime in your Completed anime list and advises you (in the form of a reply) on which of your anime form a horizontal, vertical or diagonal line.
This bot is still in beta. This comes with the usual baggage... Here's the fine-detail that you should know:
1. Accuracy: The bot can only recommend anime for a predefined list of requirements. Some (or all) of the requirements have to be selected manually. Any (or all) recommendations provided by the bot should be double-checked before setting them up in the challenge.
2. Liability: The bot (and the AWC staff) cannot be held responsible for your failing to meet any requirement as per the bot suggestion(s). Neither can they be held responsible for the bot's failure to provide recommendations or for any possible malfunctions (no reply / multiple replies etc).
3. Availability: The bot may be taken down at any time during the challenge - with and without any prior announcement. This is especially likely if any severe bugs are discovered.
4. Feedback: Constructive-criticism is welcomed and greatly appreciated. This does not guarantee in any way that your suggestion will make it through. If you have any feedback please talk to us on Discord or message TrapperHell
You can watch any anime listed on Kyoto Animation’s AniList page
We now have a suggestions box for you to nominate your favourite studio!
Note: The bingo board is based on an AWC Discord user poll for everyone’s favourite KyoAni anime (included on AniList's Kyoto Animation page). Please consider using the Free Space if your favourite wasn’t included or if you would like to watch an anime that was released after this challenge was created.