Synopsis:

Yuuta Togashi suffered from chuunibyou while he was in middle school. When he graduated, he put that dark history behind him and forgot about it... or he was supposed to. High school was smooth sailing and full of enjoyment— until the unavoidable, sad event occurs. The event that locks Yuuta into a contract with Rikka Takanashi, a major chuunibyou herself, and disrupts his ordinary life.

Chuunibyou Demo koi ga Shitai starts out as a generic slice of life comedy anime, the only unique part being the focus on chuunibyou. I personally started out thinking that this was one of KyoAni's weaker shows- but boy was that thought quickly put out.

This anime starts out as a funny, lighthearted, and adorable story about an eccentric girl named Rikka who believes she has dark powers. There's the obvious yet subtle romance in the background between the two main characters and some comedic side characters, there's quality KyoAni animation in some really epic imaginary magic battles, there's a cat that Rikka put wings on and declared a chimera...

This anime has a lot, and it really does have some pretty hilarious moments. But there's not anything particularly special about it at the beginning.
So little did I know that I'd be cheering for my OTP that actually comes true and crying my heart out alongside of an umbrella-wielding chuunibyou in the last few episodes.

At the start, this anime is lighthearted and funny, yet generic and dull. At the end, it's a beautiful emotional journey that I loved every second of.

I found myself getting so engrossed by this anime that I felt like I personally knew all of the characters, crying when they cried and laughing when they laughed.

Chuunibyou isn't just a normal slice of life comedy, it's much more than that and I highly recommend it to every anime fan out there. Just give it a chance past the first few episodes.