Servant x Service is a slice of life anime written by Karino Takatsu who also made Working!! in a 4-coma manga adaptation. There is nothing else I can deny from both anime. Both of them, I think, have the same element about a slice of life with different themes, the restaurant & the office. You know, what is interesting in working in the office? I don’t see what the interests thing of the people that are serving in there or because to live their experiences with the wages that are very average. However, this anime reveals from a different perspective of how a civil servant lives their daily life with full of people who like to complain, swear the employee, a bit of romance, and a teddy bear that becomes your boss. I mean, this is serious and some people get that’s annoying. But, we will not focus on the teddy bear but this is a solid story from the life of the civil servant.

Although Servant x Service took the theme of office employees, it’s not about anime that totally covers all elements of society and government. In this anime, you will not see the black-and-white side of an office employee but it’s more focused on the main character along with their complaints. With the theme as a civil servant, the premise is simple but is presented in such a way that doesn’t seem stiff, excessive in discussing the theme, and certainly in an unusual way. Yutaka Hasabe is a character that I think is the most carefree of all. His principle as if not want to appear with a genius look but he can do everything and almost nothing he can’t do. His cool, calm, relaxed, lazy on every the running gag. Moreover, he often foolish the main heroine, Lucy Yamagami even though this character has a very long name, I’ll just call her Lucy. Sometimes, Hasabe doesn’t often get out of his character so I think his character is not as balanced as the characters on the first impression. But, I don’t think as a shortcoming. Lucy is a serious-minded character but always made tense by the things around her. In addition, she doesn’t look too redundant with the clothes that he often wears but has the fanservice impression by the people who watch this anime. What I mean here are boobs. She has a plain trait until her innocence looks that’s always impersonated by other characters. Saya Miyoshi is a character that I don’t really see the privilege. However, the words that she often uttered always draw a depression so there are running gags in here. This character is also one of my experiences from one of the episodes that discussed with its saturation. I immediately realized that I also experienced this and it’s very affected in the heart for you who have felt it too.

The art looks very dull to me. Although the studio that's working on the anime is A-1 Pictures which they worked on other popular anime such as Sword Art Online franchise, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Nanatsu no Taizai, and Fairy Tail, Servant x Service didn't seem to fascinate me to discuss this aspect. However, I don't think that this is one of the worse. The art is served as a slice of life anime in general like Working!! and it makes no difference. So I'll skip this.

The opening is the best. Just like Working!!, Servant x Service with its opening song’s “May I Help You?” is so damn catchy. All singers are sung by the whole seiyuu of all heroines. I also don’t admire if there are so many seiyuu in this anime that come out of their characters that I often hear other than in this anime. For examples such as Tatsuhisa Suzuki who fills Yutaka Hasabe’s voice. His character at the time of filling the voice of this character is slightly different from other characters such as Ban from Nanatsu no Taizai and Hiroomi Nase from Kyoukai no Kanata. Just like Ai Kayano and Aki Toyosaki. Ai Kayano with Lalatina Dustiness Ford from KonoSuba and Shiro from No Game No Life. While Aki Toyosaki with Yui Hirasawa from K-ON! But, this doesn’t change my opinion about this anime because there are so many popular seiyuu that brought in this anime.

I'm enjoying the whole story in this anime. I don't really think that this anime has its own flaws because I'm aware, watching this thing is like it's time to turn your brain off. Some anime like this as I want to refresh my brain who has often watched anime with the complex story. This is one anime that doesn't make me regret a bit because I'm enjoying the whole episode.

Servant x Service is an anime slice of life with humor and gag that’s funny. Not too funny but it sure will make you laugh. Sometimes, we watch too many complex stories and we certainly want to turn the brain off. But, this is something that I like. Uplifting the theme as an office worker with an experience of peers and pain as well as some romance spice in it. Other popular seiyuu make this anime add value to its plus. With a very catchy and memorable opening song like the slice of life anime in general, Servant x Service has actually gone beyond what I expect.

Reviewed on April 1, 2018.