I've gotten up to episode eight but felt the need to start a review now. This will not be spoiler free.
So the show is your very typical run of the mill isekai, with nothing really setting it apart from the others; even the "other races" are reduced to a few smatters of elves (if elves can even be considered an 'other' race in isekai anymore) some basic furries and a few kemonomimi tamer than even Monmusu. It feels like another Overlord because of the "rl dude gets stuck in a world based on a game and is basically god and almost no one else in the fantasy world is from earth" and turns the character immediately into a god because of some deus ex machina right at episode one. So we have to sit through his leveling skills with his near infinite skill points and becoming immediately perfect at every skill that pops up. Which of course no one questions. He tries (minimally) to hide his rl and game-god nature of course just like in Overlord, but overall really doesn't do much to fit in with the world and just gets mixed up pretending to be a merchant with literally no desire to sell any of the hundreds of items that were dropped by the massive mob of lizards he killed. Meanwhile he has millions of each currency and somehow in the chaos of the first episode killed a god (which we never actually see happen) and therefore has a metric ton of epic loot, but chooses to do nothing with it. In the meantime he's dealing with his harem of lolis.
Which brings me to the real reason I felt the need to write an early review. In eight episodes the MC has stated numerous times that he is, in fact, NOT a lolicon. He is a nearly-30 year old dude in the real world and these literal children are NOT his type. You must be made aware of this, because almost every loli has thrown themself at him and one even tries to get frisky n risky. He has even been quoted as saying "if you were 14 or 15 years older I might consider". Which begs the question: why bother having these lolis throw themselves all over him them? He's clearly not interested, sees them as kids to take care of even though he's been reverted back to 15 years old (which is legal adult age in this world because of course it is), and the one woman who is actually OF age he remarks that he'd only be interested in her if she lost 20 kilos because otherwise she's a milf. Gross. Meanwhile he's busy batting off the advances of the lolis and otherwise treating them like children while reminding us that he is, indeed, NOT attracted to them sexually.
During the first few episodes the MC exclaims that he's just going to make the most of his situation, and he's going to explore the world around him and really take in the sights and see what this new world has to offer. By episode eight he still hasn't left the first town he stumbled upon and only just bought himself a carriage to fit all his lolis in. Only when a plot device arrives in the form of a lost elf girl does he actually think about leaving town again and exploring like he said he would six episodes prior.
Any of the "fight" scenes are boring and suspenseless because the MC is so overpowered and perfect there's no reason to be worried about him or the people around him. Because of his near-infinite skill points he can max out every kind of combat skill he even attempts, and thus destroys anything in his path with basically one swipe.
Mingle this in with a very bland day-to-day plot that is painfully stretched with little movement forward, then a rush of plot from episode 6 onward, and it's overall just a meh show. There's nothing mold breaking about it, there's nothing to really set it apart from other game-based isekai, and the characters are at most somewhat likeable, otherwise they're pretty cookie cutter. There's a forced plot with some old play that's being relived, some mumbo about reincarnation in this fantasy world versus being summoned into the world, all of which is very brushed over and the MC barely questions. Even the title is a bit of a misnomer in that the only "death march" mentioned was the fact that he, as a game developer, was in the death march before release of two games (when developers often don't leave the office for weeks at a time to make sure they meet deadlines) and otherwise the idea of said death march doesn't play any part in the show. It can't even really be called a plot device because while his working on the games contributed to the game-like nature of his experience in said world, that work doesn't have anything to do with how he got there, and he seems to have no desire to get out.
Another gripe is the episode pacing. Each episode ends at a rather awkward spot, and there are times in each one about four minutes before the end credits that would be a really good place to stop at with a decent cliffhanger. But instead it stretches on for another few minutes and cuts off the entire episode in a strange spot story wise. It feels choppy in that aspect, where you'd be satisfied but want more if they'd have cut it off just those few minutes sooner, but instead you get an unsatisfied feeling of something left wildly undone, like a sentence cut midway.
Before I sat down to write this review I thought I was mildly enjoying the show, at least enough to keep watching, and if you're not bothered by bland plot that doesn't really go anywhere or the fact that his not-lolicon nature keeps being drilled into your head, it's not necessarily a bad show that no one should watch. It's just not a good show. It's something to watch if you need some filler between seasons of your faves and have watched or dislike everything else, but don't go out of your way to watch it. I'm not keen on finishing it myself.