Cathartic in nature, GochiUsa is a heartwarmer that has its roots in providing contentment—similar to the relaxation one can feel from sipping freshly-brewed coffee. With an ample amount of lovable charms and a cuteness as cute as the twitches of a bunny's nose, it's the ideal to show to hearten oneself. I mean, just look at my smiling face!

But let's be clear first. The show doesn't have the most imaginative story as it follows pretty much all the things other CGDCTs have. Instead, it's in its setting—a town with European resemblances—that gives GochiUsa a special kind of appeal. Elegant, idyllic, and traditional, the town's architectures are adorned by timbered buildings and cobbled streets, making it a breath of a fresh air away from the usual high school setting. Really, it's the perfect environment to have some joviality. Like an "on cloud nine" kind of thing. And you can find out just how peaceful this show can get when you enter the Rabbit House, a café where caffeinated aromas linger about and where plenty of lightheartedness is waiting to be met.

A place full of endearments is inviting me.

After being greeted by the gentle Chino, who has an odd fluffball of a rabbit atop her head, Cocoa starts a new life in the town by working as a Rabbit House waitress. From there on, she meets the other girls, all of whom are equally as adorable, and this is where the euphoria begins to seep through my heart. There's no deep drama. No major conflicts. The setting has already established a tranquil state-of-mind prior to everything else, and that peacefulness continues to emanate throughout every episode. As a result, all the activities the girls do here—working at their cafés, partaking in silly fun, or developing their friendship and sisterly bonds—are enjoyable to watch. The fluffy atmosphere simply blankets their interactions in a way that makes me want to cuddle them.

Or "Mofu mofu~!", as Cocoa will adorably say.

There's also one other aspect that elevates my fondness for the show. That is, each one of the girl's personality reflects the beverages in which they're named after: hot cocoa for Cocoa's comforting sweetness, cappuccino for Chino's mature and childish duality, Thé des Alizés for Rize's cute tendencies despite her strictness, uji matcha for Chiya's refined elegance, and the Kilimanjaro coffee for Sharo's insecure sensitivity toward her own image. So if you think of GochiUsa as one wholesome café, then the girls are basically its warm, little beverages. Endearing, isn't it?

And to further paint the soothing image of the show in your mind, the art—while more on the average side animation-wise—utilizes its soft pastel palette harmoniously in conjunction with its visual design. I already talked about the architectural beauty of the town, so let me expand on that by saying the numerous outfits, sweets, and expressions here are some of the other things that give more delight to an already delightful setting. It's like what they say—appreciate the little things in life. Because as tiny as the aesthetic details may be, they all add up together into one pleasant whole that makes the show continuously fun to bunny-hop through each second along the way.

The soundtracks deserve a mention as well, as they too contribute to the easy-going atmosphere. Whether they're the fairytale-like or the restful tunes, all of them share the commonality in rejuvenating one's heart and soul, and to highlight the lovable voices of the girls at the same time. You can certainly say the audiovisual has inspired the affection within me.

At the end of the day, GochiUsa is a show that personifies what happy serenity is all about. It may have used the same kind of ingredients found in other CGDCTs, but the comfort it creates with its town setting and affectionate girls is distinct enough to be appealing—a charm that I like to compare with the refreshing, sweet, and tranquil atmosphere of a café.

Start your day with coffee. End your day with this heartwarming show.