This review will contain Spoilers for the show!

Mob Psycho (in this season) explores the idea of emotions and power/greed. It also tells us that no one is special and we are all just human.

(SPOILER AHEAD) STORY:
The show focuses on Shigeo Kaguyama (Also known as "Mob").
Mob has Psychic powers, he can make things float, bend spoons, oh and demolish whole cities if his emotions reach 100%.

Mob works for Reigen, a con artist who somewhat manipulates Mob due to his state and powers. Normally this would be unacceptable and we would want to see the character who is getting tricked to seek "revenge" or what ever but Reigen has an important role of making sure that Mob gets a normal life, of course Reigen does tend to exploit Mob's wish to be normal but in retrospect he's done more good than bad.

Throughout the show Mob is seen with Reigen defeating spirits.
Mob at times can get a bit desolated but Reigen, the saviour, always teaches him new and important things about being a good person.

Lets skip along to the Claws and the 7th Division. The power hungry people.
Ritsu Kaguyama (Mob's brother) has gotten kidnapped by them. Mob goes out to save him with Hanazawa and the others.
The main focus is at the end. Right when Mob reaches 100% on his "Murderous Intent". Reigen steps in and stops him (which seems to cause Reigen to "borrow" Mob's powers) After getting struck by the enemy, Reigen, stands up and laughs it off. This point is the most pivotal point of the show, it tells us just how ordinary and NOT special espers are. This manages to change the views of the claws. They become ordinary people that happen to have powers.

CHARACTERS:
There are many characters in Mob. Each and everyone of them has their own problems that they need to face. Mob has, well, his emotional problems and the fact he puts too much pressure on his shoulders. He always thinks everything is his fault, he believes he could've helped in some way.

Ritsu, at the start was a happy lad, later on we can see him getting his powers. This is the trigger of his own problems. Because these powers are new and he's been eager to get them ever since he saw Mob use them as a child. His morality goes down, severily. He doesn't help people, instead he makes them suffer in one way or another. He just wants to enjoy these powers without any control.

Reigen, the embodiment of perfection ordinarity. Of course he does have his own problems which are far more greater but in Season 1 his main goal was to show the Claws just how ordinary they are. He somehow borrows Mob's powers and deflects all attacks from the Claws, making them feel insignificant and return to normal lives.

The Claws, they are known for their greed of power (Megalomaniacs). They believe that they are special due to these powers and they want to go and rule the world. Humans are just weaklings who could never achieve something as great as they can. Or so they thought until Reigen and Mob showed up. Teruki Hanazawa is basically the same but isn't part of the Claws, he wanted Mob to also realise he is more than just "Human".

ART/ANIMATION:
Mob Psycho has a really unique art and animation style.

It can go from fully detailed and beautiful fight scenes (as shown below) to more "laggy" and "crude" stuff like shown under the CHARACTERS section. Though this works and balances out just perfectly, it actually makes us feel and understand more things we are watching.

The fight scene below is mob when he reached 100% when his brother got kidnapped by other esper. We can see fully detail and smooth fight scene. High Quality stuff right there. This makes the seriousness of the scene much more potent. We can see every little detail of their faces and how they feel. But when we go the scenes like the one above we also get a lot of information and emotions. Mob joined the Body Improvement Club, he wants to be very strong physically.
That scene is of him jogging with the members we can see his face and his body movemements, the face of Mob is telling us that he is tired and about to faint and yet his body language, the way he swings his arms, tells us that his is willing to FIGHT ON and push his limits. Until he falls out of exhaustion.

MUSIC:
Mob Psycho 100 has quite a good soundtrack, Season 2 had some more intense tunes but Season 1 also delivers with its music. Each fight scene consists of well choreographed battles and music that will send chills through your spine.

The OP, oh my god, is it good. The song is catchy, and the lyrics also do give us a quite a message.

If everyone's not special
Maybe you can be what you want to be
[. . .]
Your life is your own, OK?
It's OK to not be special.

Should be easy to understand, these lyrics tell us that people aren't special and due to that fact people can be what ever they want to be. We live our own lives and its okay to not be special and unique since, as explained earlier, we can be what ever we want to be. OK?

OVERALL OPINION:
Mob Psycho 100. Yes this season did have quite a slow start, but just like Steins;Gate, that was necessary. We needed to know the characters and their problems. We also needed to engrave the idea of ordinarity into our heads.

This show manages to be so reletable due to its heavy exploration of emotions. This is the main appeal of it. The characters, although exaggerated, have the main core believes a lot of people in real life have, and this show manages to break them down and disregard them since as I said many times, No one is special. This show makes sure you know that fact.

Season 2 explores many more ideas and is generally much better but this show does manage to pull its own weight, its funny, serious, and has an amazing cast of characters.