[Locked] AniList Guidelines & Data Submissions
These guidelines are at the interpretation of the mods and admins of the site. Ignoring any of these guidelines may result in content being removed, locked or even your account being banned from AniList.
These guidelines may be altered from time to time without an announcement. However in most circumstances any changes will be discussed with the community beforehand.
If you have any queries or suggestions regarding the below, create a topic with the Site Feedback tag or query one of us on Discord (almost always at least one member of staff on-line) and we will get back to you.
You can submit new entries for the database using the following links. If you are looking to amend data on a current entry then you can do so on the entry/staff pages.
Episode 0's and Prologues are included within the main series. Recap episodes are not added. This site also supports Manhua and Manwha - the submission restrictions for both are in the manual.
Just because it's on 'webtoons.com' doesn't mean it will be accepted. The works still have to originally be manhwa or manhua brought over from Naver.
You can also contact a member of the team on Discord.
General Site Guidelines
- Media should not contain nudity or real extreme violence. If questionable, use spoiler tags.
- Link shorteners are not allowed. Please use markdown instead.
- Trolling, harassing or abusing members will not be tolerated.
- Offensive user names, bios and banners will be changed.
- Posting sectarian, racist or illegal content is prohibited.
- Accounts must not impersonate other people or users.
- Discussing, linking or guiding others to illicit copyrighted content is prohibited. This includes streaming websites/apps, torrents, direct downloads etc.
- Any posts or statuses deemed as spam by a mod will be removed
- Do not excessively spam likes.
- Don't make alternate accounts solely for posting statuses unless permission has been given by a member of staff.
- All spoilers should be contained within spoiler tags.
- Advertising: Any text intended to generate traffic to external websites or another page within AniList will be removed. Exception is granted to users who create something related to AniList.
- Sarcasm should be in italics.
- Do not use excessively fast flashing colours or images.
- Do not re-post messages to skew the home page feed.
Filipino - Spanish/Español - Portuguese/Português - Italian/Italiano - Arabic/العربية - French/Français - Romanian/Români - Japanese/日本語 - German/Deutsch
- Language: For now, all new threads and replies should be in English apart from a single general discussion thread for other languages.
- Please don't post thread titles all in caps.
- Refrain from posting 'Where can I find/watch/read *' threads if similar ones exist.
- Duplicate topics will be removed - use the search function before posting.
- Please edit posts instead of successive posting when possible.
- All spoilers on top level activity posts or on the forums should be contained within spoiler tags.
- Recommendation threads should be as specific as possible and replies should be relevant.
- Quality Titles: Thread titles should be descriptive and accurate to the threads content. Users should be able to get a general understanding of the thread by it’s title alone.
Here are some examples of good thread titles: “Shame series you like/Compliment ones you hate”, “[Spoilers] Charlotte - Episode 7 [Discussion]“.
Here are some examples of bad thread titles: “Help please”, “just read this trust me” & “fate stay night ?“.
- Show should have finished airing (unless long-running)
- For ongoing manga/LN etc. use your own judgement on whether there is enough content to create a review.
- If your review contains spoilers, either preface the review with a warning or use spoiler tags.
- While not all the above guidelines will be implemented in discord, common sense and good etiquette should be used. The harassing or trolling of users will not be tolerated. Please do not post spoilers.
- Any users causing trouble can face temporary bans which can be a day to much longer, with it becoming permanent if justified.