[Locked] AniList Guidelines & Data Submissions
These guidelines are at the interpretation of the mods and admins of the site. Ignoring any of these guidelines may result in content being removed, locked or even your account being banned from AniList.
These guidelines may be altered from time to time without an announcement. However in most circumstances any changes will be discussed with the community beforehand.
If you have any queries or suggestions regarding the below, create a topic with the Site Feedback tag or query one of us on Discord (almost always at least one member of staff on-line) and we will get back to you.
General Site Guidelines
- Media should not contain nudity or real extreme violence.
- NSFW images should not contain explicit nudity of any kind - bodily fluids, exposed nipples, bare breasts, crotches, or buttocks.
- Ecchi (pantsu, lingerie, underwear, etc) or other questionable content should be contained within spoiler tags and and labeled as such outside of the tags.
- Content deemed NSFW may be removed by a moderator.
- Trolling, harassing or abusing members will not be tolerated.
- Offensive user names, bios and banners will be changed.
- Posting sectarian, racist or illegal content is prohibited.
- Do not abuse AniList systems or features. (manually or automated via scripts)
- Accounts must not impersonate other people or users.
- Link shorteners are not allowed. Please use markdown instead.
- All spoilers should be contained within spoiler tags (unless as a comment on watched/read activities, where relevant spoilers should be expected).
- Discussing, linking or guiding others to illicit copyrighted content is prohibited. This includes streaming websites/apps, torrents, direct downloads etc.
- Any posts or statuses deemed as spam by a mod will be removed
- Don't make alternate accounts solely for posting statuses unless permission has been given by a member of staff.
- Advertising: Any text intended to generate traffic to external websites or another page within AniList will be removed. Exception can be granted to users who create something related to AniList.
- Sarcasm should be in italics.
- Do not use excessively fast flashing colours or images.
- Do not re-post messages to skew the home page feed.
Filipino - Spanish/Español - Portuguese/Português - Italian/Italiano - Arabic/العربية - French/Français - Romanian/Români - Japanese/日本語 - German/Deutsch
- Language: For now, all new threads and replies should be in English apart from a single general discussion thread for other languages.
- Please don't post thread titles all in caps.
- Refrain from posting 'Where can I find/watch/read *' threads if similar ones exist.
- Duplicate topics will be removed - use the search function before posting.
- Please edit posts instead of successive posting when possible.
- All spoilers on top level activity posts or on the forums should be contained within spoiler tags.
- Recommendation threads should be as specific as possible and replies should be relevant.
- Quality Titles: Thread titles should be descriptive and accurate to the threads content. Users should be able to get a general understanding of the thread by it’s title alone.
Here are some examples of good thread titles: “Shame series you like/Compliment ones you hate”, “[Spoilers] Charlotte - Episode 7 [Discussion]“.
Here are some examples of bad thread titles: “Help please”, “just read this trust me” & “fate stay night ?“.
- Show should have finished airing (unless long-running)
- For ongoing manga, light novels etc. use your own judgement on whether there is enough content to create a review.
- If your review contains spoilers, either preface the review with a warning or use spoiler tags.
- The minimum character count is there for a reason, don't pad small comments with spam to reach it.
- Only post reviews that were written by yourself, plagiarised reviews will be deleted.
- New rules: (1st Feb 2020)
- Please try to follow basic grammar rules. There's no need for it to be perfect, but the average user shouldn't have to struggle to understand your review.
- Images should only be used if they support the text in some way. Fanart is not to be used in reviews.
- Do not comment on fans of a work or detractors of a work, in either a positive or negative fashion.
- Do not simply summarize the work. Do not criticize the score or popularity of the work.
New review rule enforcement: (1st Feb 2020)
New rules will apply to all reviews retroactively, with a grace period of 6 months for reviewers to correct their pre-existing reviews. This grace period will run from the 1st February to 1st August 2020.
- While not all the above guidelines will be implemented in discord, common sense and good etiquette should be used. The harassing or trolling of users will not be tolerated. Please do not post spoilers.
- Any users causing trouble can face temporary bans which can be a day to much longer, with it becoming permanent if justified.
New Characters and Staff can only be created through the anime and manga forms' Character and Staff sub-pages. This is the same whether you are submitting a new entry or editing an existing one.
Existing anime and manga entries can be edited using the edit button at the bottom left of their page.
Existing staff and character entries can be edited using the edit icon button at the top right of their page
Please only contact moderators to ask for questions or advice, not to ask them to add entire entries for you.
A #submissions-support channel in the Discord is now open.