Support AniList & AniChart (Donations)

Josh

Why do we need your help?
AniList & AniChart currently runs out of pocket, and is run by volunteers. The sites are free to use, but ad-supported, however ads don't make enough to support the sites and we don't want to fill our pages with countless ads that can ruin your experience.

Your donations will allow us to cover our server payments and keep the sites running long into the future.
With more donations we'll even be able to hire a full time developer to work on improving and adding to the sites consistently.

Why don't you make a "Pro" account with more features instead of relying on donations?
Simply put we don't want to block features from users who can't afford to pay. We don't have any features in the pipeline that would cost us more to run, and we feel restricting features that don't cost us any extra would be wrong to our users.

What do I get for donating?
As we don't want to restrict features from any users, donator rewards are largely either sentimental or cosmetic. As we implement new features into the sites we'll be sure to think of more things we can offer to our donators (we already have a fair few things in mind).

The minimum donation amount is $1 but please check below or the Patreon for specific rewards at this time, one-time donations will receive equivalent rewards for the same amount of time (1 month per monthly donation).

Monthly donations (Patreon) or Single donations (PayPal)
We'll be incredibly thankful for any donation you can give, tho recurring monthly donations will allow us greater financial stability in the months to come. If Patreon isn't your thing you can also do monthly donations via PayPal.

Donation Rewards/Month

$1 Tier

• Donator badge
  • Discord patreon role
  • Test out beta features before everyone else

$3 Tier

• AniList & AniChart ads removed
  • Custom profile colors

$5 Tier

• Animated Gif Avatars
  • Custom donator badge text on profile

$10 Tier

• Custom donator badge text site-wide
  • Super discord patreon role

$20 Tier

• Site-wide animated rainbow donator badge

A massive thanks to anyone who donates, we really appreciate it :)

231 Replies
Zex
mod

Obligatory: unfortunately, I'm student poor...

...but if people stopped rejecting my job applications...or if places stopped advertising no experience required entry-level positions and then saying 2 years experience required at interviews...but I digress...

... x_x

But oh shit, I just realised I haven't whitelisted anilist from my adblocker yet :o sorry @Josh

Gonna make sure I do that now ^^

Josh
mod

Heres what the Donator profile badge looks like:

Cake
xX͓̗ Go̭̾b̆äl Elite Xẋ

Could my donator badge be changed to read "Penis"?

Josh
mod

Ha we don't currently support that but I like the idea, I'll see what I can do.

1 year later edit: Yes.

Shader

1 year later edit: Yes.

lol

spoopymike

one would think you would have penis as badge i am disappointed

Cake
xX͓̗ Go̭̾b̆äl Elite Xẋ

I did for a bit then got bored.

neo

Lol wow

Kinny

Will the donator badge permanently be on my profile if I pay one-time via PayPal or do I have to pay monthly? I'm also assuming that $1 is also the amount I have to pay on PayPal like Patreon to get the donator badge?

Also, about the ad thing, I think it would help if it was relocated somewhere else. Since it's placed on the bottom of the website, the infinite scrolling makes people unable to view or click them.

Josh
mod

It will be on your profile for 1 month for a one-time donation, and more months for following one-time donations. Monthly donations will have it as long as they stay as a patreon. I also have a "Donated" status tho not sure if that will have a badge or something else, but I'd like to do something for users that donated in past at least.

Yeah true, not a huge amount of the pages have infinite scrolling but the idea is that its out of the way and not being intrusive, we still get a little for having it on the page even if its not clicked, tho a click is worth a fair amount more.

Atmaca

That's a good idea

kuu

Not entirely related, but this is the only ad I see on the site:

So I guess that's not giving you any money. Am I doing something wrong?

Josh
mod

That displays when the ad that should be there is worth less than a certain amount (a very very low amount, I can't remember it off the top of my head). Its probably because google doesn't have enough information to display you a relevant ad, or your in a country which has more limited ad space.

ashieruno
Donator

Why don't you put ad in some of these places? I think it's not intrusive and it will help you earn more.

Taluun
mod
Best Friend

Interesting. I am not sure I have ever seen ads outside of the one posted by Kuu above and I'm in the US. Interesting to see why although that seems odd as I am sure Google probably has lots of info on me haha.

Settonn
Donator

mhmm

Gyrozen

Give them your child support and mortgage money, leeches.

TinyTim
Donator

At what Pateron pledge tier do I get nudes?

Kazakuri
mod
Watch Shoujo Ramune
matchai
mod
Shammy
Donator
Lemon
mod
食べないでください

$10 - @Kazakuri
$20 - @Shammy
$40 - @Matchai

TinyTim
Donator

tempting, tempting.

and how about you Lemon? $5 and a half bag of chips?

MajorApplePie
Cutest Futa

Lemon nudes are free.

TinyTim
Donator

So does mean they come under the whole "we don’t want to restrict features from any users" section of the master post.

Are Lemon's nudes a feature of anilist?

Subpyro
data mod

Damn @matchai, you weren't this expensive the last time we talked; what happened? O_o

matchai
mod

My stock in AniCorp paid out dividends. Next round's on me!

Taratsamura
Donator

Hmmm... I use Adblock and i would hate to disable it. Is 5$/month enough to keep Adblock in use for this site?

ashieruno
Donator

You can just disable it for AniList, add AniList to the whitelist.

Taratsamura
Donator

sure i can, but i dont want to.
btw that's kinda strange it was 15 Patreons with 41$ then i added my 5$/month and it rose to 16 Patreons with 45$ :/ i'm pretty sure that 41+5 equals 46 and not 45.

Kazakuri
mod
Watch Shoujo Ramune

It has to do with rounding and Patreon taking a cut. Which is 5% according to their help page.

Subpyro
data mod

Pretty much what Kaza has said above, but it still displays your actual output on the receiving end, so there are no worries there

WATTAFAK

"sure i can, but i dont want to."
What the hell man...

Josh
mod

Yeah feel free

Brza
Donator

Apart from having the donator icon on our profiles, is there any other way of seeing who else is donating?

Josh
mod

You also get the donator role on discord and we'll be added a custom forum title soon, we have some other ideas for some up coming features too.

WATTAFAK

It's a shame I don't have the opportunity to donate, but I whitelisted the site. I don't see anyone anyway... good luck, I love what you did here.

bakus

Oh, I didn't note I was using an adblocker here, lmfao, like, I use it on all pages so I forget. But now I turned it off!

xxYuzuruKuroki69xx
Donator

Yeah sure I'll donate. I use the sites often enough and $3 isn't really too bad. I personally don't really care about the ads because they've been fairly unobtrusive so far, unlike some other sites.

W8TERM3LON
data mod
お前はもう死んでいる

Is it possible to donate via Bitcoin? I like my Privacy. (Bitcoin is growing in value, and also a bitcoin wallet is easy to make.)

Logia

Donated just now. Set up a Monthly recurring profile @Josh

Logia

Any update on this as i have made 2 payments and have yet to receive any response? x

Josh
mod

Sorry been super busy so having been on my computer in the past couple days, I'll sort your donation status out tonight.

Logia

Thanks for getting back to me. Much appreciated @Josh

demo
Donator

Im the 50th patreon ^_^ any special reward?

I take the chance to thanks @Josh and all the team that makes anilist! I really love what you guys made here.

Rizkyss

@josh why you didnt make a premium member, and a feature from premium member you can make a member can edit backgroud of their post or can custom background and other stuff, and maybe you can use RATCHET PHP for make realtime chatting no need node.js or react.js just need some script php and jquery but i see your site used angular js, ratchet can run with angular to run RATCHET, and on chatting the member can change their post bg or other i think much way to make profit for your site,

RATCHET on codeigniter maybe this link will usefull
github codeigniter ratchet realtime chat

and iam plan to try make site like that . . .

sorry if my english so bad XD iam from indonesia so, iam not often use english tehe

Kazakuri
mod
Watch Shoujo Ramune

Directly from the Patreon page:

Why don't you make a "Pro" account with more features instead of relying on donations?
Simply put we don't want to block features from users who can't afford to pay. We don't have any features in the pipe line that would cost us more to run, and we feel restricting features that don't cost us any extra would be wrong to our users.