Anime Watching Challenge: FAQ

Lazareen

We Have a Website Now!

Check it out and bookmark it for a one stop location for all AWC challenges!

If you do not see an answer to your question here, you can talk to us on Discord or post a question as a reply to this forum

General Questions

Q: So what is this club about?
A: We are a club made to challenge you to watch even more anime and hopefully find some new gems you wouldn’t have watched before. Choose a challenge that appeals to you. We recommend everyone to start with our Beginner's Challenge. For more information on submission processes and a link to our discord, check out our Anime Watching Club Master Post

Q: How do I contact an AWC Staff member?
A: You can send a message any AWC Staff:

You can also talk to us on Discord. Do keep in mind we do this in our spare time. We will attempt to answer you as quickly as possible, but we all do have real world obligations that oftentimes come first.

Q: The challenge asked me to find X and I don’t know where to find it:
A: Check the spoiler tags underneath the specific requirement. They should all include a description / screenshot of where you can find something. If we missed a description / screenshot let AWC Staff know so we can update the challenge with better information.

Q: How do I use this code you speak of?
A: At the end of each challenge forum post there is a link to a google doc. Copy and paste the text from the google doc to a file you can save. Fill out the portions in red text when you finish an anime that meets the challenge requirements. Make sure not to accidentally delete any of the random squiggles, dashes, or underlines. That is the AL code to make certain things bold, italicized, or to create a spoiler.

Q: I submitted my finished challenge but haven’t heard anything?
A: First, make sure you have sent us a link on the Challenge Submissions Forum. Posting a link to your final submission helps the AWC Staff and reviewers to find your submission. You can get a link to your submission by clicking the link icon on your forum reply. Post your comment web address to the challenge submissions forum.

If you have submitted your challenge submission properly, then we are probably just busy with reviews. If you are still concerned, send an AWC Staff member a message and we’ll double check to see where you are at in the submission process.

Q: I want to help with the club!
A: As of right now, since we are so new, we are not taking any additional members until we actually know what we are doing. In the future, when we start recruiting for reviewers, we will have a couple of requirements for reviewers. You must not have anything on your profile that could be considered hate speech nor a history of hateful / incendiary comments on AniList. We want all of members of the AWC to uphold a positive and supportive community here on AniList.

Specific Challenge Questions

Q: For Beginner's Challenge Requirement 1: What if my favorite and least favorite combination doesn’t have any results?
A: If no anime exists in the AniList database with that combination, go with 2nd favorite and least favorite, then second favorite and second least favorite and so on stepping down the list in turns until a combination works.

Q: For Beginner's Challenge Requirement 6: What if I don’t have any dropped anime?
A: If you do not have any dropped anime, use something from your on hold. If you don’t have any dropped or on hold, use something from your plan to watch list.

Q: For Beginner's Challenge Requirement 14: What if I don’t have a favorite voice actor / staff member listed on my profile, or I don’t have a favorite.
A: You can do a one of two things. Find a voice actor / staff member you like and list it as your favorite in the challenge, use the AL stats page to see which voice actor / staff member you’ve seen the most. We aren’t going to be super stringent on this requirement.

Q: I am currently watching an anime, but I don't remember the date I started It. Can I use it in the challenges?
A: Yes, you can. But please give a rough estimate of the day you started, a guess is enough.

Q: For anime that requires to start with a specific letter, must the title be in Romaji or English?
A: You can use either. Romaji and English counts.

Q: Can I use an anime with multiple seasons to complete different requirements within a challenge?
A: As long as they are listed as separate entries on AniList, they are considered separate anime. For instance, Durarara!!x2 Ketsu, Durarara!!x2 Shou, and Durarara!!x2 Ten are all listed as separate entries so they would count for three different requirements.

Q: The requirement states that I have to watch an anime with less than 12 episodes, does a movie count?
A: Yes a movie does count.

Q: I just started the Beginner's Challenge, can I use those same entries to complete Genre Challenges at the same time?
A: Yes you can. The only challenges you currently cannot share anime between are the Beginner's and Intermediate challenges.

Helpful Information

Q: How to add a tag
A: You can add additional tags by clicking the plus sign next to the tag list and filling out the form

Q: How to submit a data change if the listed information in AniList is incorrect / missing

Q: Where to find year / season sired:

Q: Source for Adaptations:

Q: How to find your favorite / least favorite genres based on mean score:

Q: Where to find anime format (i.e Movie, TV, ONA):

Q: Where to find Studio:

Q: Where to find anime mean score: