Terror in Resonance is a show that looks promising at first glance. It has impressive visuals, nice music and a theme that could be interesting. It then completely fails to deliver.

The protagonists are supposed to be terrorists. Why, you ask? Well, because they bomb places, and that's a terrorist thing to do, right? But for all that, they're careful not to let a single person get injured, much less killed, do little to inspire terror, and neither do they mean to. The "bombing places" bit is completely irrelevant to anything and serves no actual purpose.

As for the characters themselves, we have Nine and Twelve, who have a generic institution orphan backstory that's never elaborated on, Five who fluctuates between a friend who the former two failed to save and a girl who was an evil mastermind before an age of 5 (not that staying at the institution makes any sense in that case, but the show really pushes for it), Lisa who is, once again, irrelevant and could be skipped entirely (they had to introduce a large obvious weakness to balance out the the protagonists' prodigious luck), Shibazaki the obscure riddle-solver who's connected to the whole business by yet another skippable thread that's never elaborated on (you'll notice there's a lot of not being elaborated on yet being introduced regardless going on this anime), the generic "above the law" American guy (yes, Watanabe, we understand that you're trying to send a message) and a bunch of sidekicks who are there to fill up the space. I feel the need to stress that none of them have any real character building, remaining one-trait characters even as the big reveal rolls in.

The storyline is nearly nonexistent. The characters spend the time until Five's introduction essentially playing around with the tool called plot convenience, like the police's security system server having an intentional backdoor webpage that can be accessed from anywhere with no one the wiser in open access. Then Five's schizophrenic back-and-forth chase begins as quickly as it ends with Lisa's captures (yes, plural), and before you realize it, the ending happens.

Speaking of the ending, that's got to be the best thing about the show. It takes everything accumulated over the 10 episodes (and precious little it is) and tosses it right out of the window, doing a complete 180 from the entire show's mood. "I got you, Nine! Guess I'll kill myself now, bye. Oh, and that orphan-fueled research program you've been learning about for the entire show? Pfft, off to the background it goes. Also, let's knock Japan back to the Stone Age for the lols, we're dying anyway." The supposedly evil Americans are the most reasonable faction of those that matter, so yeah.

All in all, Zankyou no Terror completely fails to drag you in as every story thread that ever begins is immediately and brutally murdered, and the conclusion shows up out of nowhere and takes up half an episode where three minutes would've sufficed. The show is only watchable because of the art and music.