Edited the entire review, apparently I was too sleepy to write coherent shit.

Moving on, Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon (or Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere) is a rather difficult series to review. It clearly has a lot of plus points, the artwork, the characters, the music, and so on. But even so, it has some massive holes that all but ruin the entire series. My opinion of this series is mixed (though the score may suggest otherwise) and I really don't know where I stand on it.
The review will be completely spoiler free, but I would love it if you read the description first before reading the review, I will not go into any details about the plot.
That said, let's move on to the main review.

Artwork (17/20)
The artwork was quite stunning when it came out (Dec 2011), but as time has passed it has gained "everyday" looks. Way back then, I could only gawk at the scream when I saw the animation work its nifty little magic, it was something I had never seen before. Almost fell in love with horizon too.

But as it is with all good things, there is a downside -and I never thought I'd say this- breasts. They are quite the distraction, mostly because they are so retardedly big.

The breasts aren't the only problem though, most girls wear clothes that will put TERA to shame (I guess that's an exaggeration, but you get the point) and their hairstyle will make you want to shoot yourself, I'm not even joking here.
But overall, the artwork is quite the beauty, even three years later.

Music and Sound (16/20)
The music is just beautiful. It really is. Even if you figure you don't want to watch KSnH, listen to Stardust Melodia (ED01), its quite the masterpiece in itself.

Then there is the OP, and you get to listen to Horizon sing pretty much every episode, both of which are quite good and addable to your playlist. The voice acting is fair enough.

Plot (11/20)
Ah, the weakest link. Don't let the rating get to you, the plot is actually quite good, just that you will be pissing in the wind until episode 9~ give or take a few. The plot is quite complex, and most people are unable to grasp it on the fly. If you do want to thoroughly understand and enjoy the plot, reading the novel or the Manga is a must. I myself was just fumbling in the dark all the way upto episode 8, and only when I watched the first episode again did some semblance of normalcy return. The story never once holds your hand, it never stops to explain itself, it just keeps going and you keep looking at the screen wondering what the exact fuck happened.

The one thing the plot gets worked out right is the politics. Yes, you read that right, politics. In an anime. This happens to be quite the plus point, but its just basic politics, and its not like you will understand what is happening since the powers and the system of governance is never really explained. Who controls the country? who is the executive? Who is that crazy guy with a uni hat? Is the king above the student council? Is he above the guy with the hat? These are just some of the questions that arise due to the rudimentary politics applied. I don't usually question the governance in animes, but if you are gonna do something, do it right or don't do it.

The other failure in the plot stems from its retarded battle system. Over six years of watching anime, I have seen every possible type of fighting possible (from using soaps to fight in Little Busters, to Elfen lied's I-blow-your-head-up) and I have never seen a more detailed attempt to copy real fights, and that's when the trouble kicks in. Since it does it better than most, it is only natural for me to assume it will actually be closer to reality, but it soon shows it true colors, the fights have no idea in hell how real fights are done. Look at these masterpieces for example -

I don't exactly know how fights will be done in an alternate dimension that I don't fully understand, but they sure as hell won't be this way, that's for sure.

/Gonna take a break now, will write the rest of the review tomorrow, sorry for the inconvenience :P