Shukofukurou - Native Mac/iOS App for AniList
Shukofukurou is a native multi service Anime and Manga Library management application for macOS and iOS that supports AniList, which allows you to manage your libraries easily from your Mac, iPhone or iPad. You can search and view title information, add new titles, import lists from different services and more.
If you want to support our development of this App, you can download the full version with donor-exclusive features on the Mac App Store
Download on the Mac App Store
Mac: Current Version is 3.1.5 and requires macOS 10.10 Yosemite or later.
iOS: Current version is 1.0 RC1 (20181018) and requires iOS 11.4 or later.
Want to test the next version of Shukofukurou? There is no prerelease version at the moment.
Note that some features like Manga List management, Profile and Character browser is reserved for people who donated to the project as a way to thank the user for supporting the project. The iOS version is paid app ($2.99) to cover distribution costs, but you may compile your own version for free by obtaining the source code (Note: Free Apple Developer accounts can only run the app on your iOS device for 7 days before you need to recompile it, unless you have a paid Apple Developer Account.). These are features that are time consuming to implement. Moreover, the Apple Developer's Program is required to distribute applications such as code signing the application so it won't cause issues with GateKeeper and distributing the app on the iOS App Store. This costs $99 a year including tax and it's not free, even if you distribute open source application. Without the program, I won't be able to continue developing the application since there is no way to distribute it.
These restrictions only apply to the official binary and not the source code, which is free as in freedom. You are free to compile from source if you want these features for free since it's open source. Note that you need to provide the OAuth client id and secret before compiling the application. Otherwise, authorization won't work. Also, you will be responsible for compiling the updates as well. If you find this difficult, just use the official version.
iOS version for iPhones and iPads is in development and uses the same backend codebase as the desktop version. In the future, the iOS and Mac version will use the same codebase for the backend. The iOS has most of the features of the Mac version, except for profile browser and Importing/Exporting lists.
To test the public beta, open the TestFlight link on your iOS device: https://testflight.apple.com/join/mRWar1um
Once release, it will cost $2.99 to download to cover the costs of distributing the App on the App Store since it requires the Apple's Developer Program, which costs $99 a year. The iOS version is open source and the source code is available for free on Github if you want to compile it for free (Note: Free Apple Developer accounts are only able to run the App for 7 days before requiring the user to recompile the App). We will only make the App free once we reach the goal of $9 or more per month on Patreon to cover our development expenses. Become a Patron if you want to make it happen.
Support our Project
Current Features (AniList)
- Anime and Manga List Management with Custom List support and ability to edit notes, reconsume count, privacy and start/end dates.
- Ability to Search for titles and view Information on Anime and Manga (on iOS version, you can search for Characters and Staff when you use AniList as an active service)
- Season and Airing Browser
- Ability to view character, cast and staff information from a title
- Read reviews on a title
- Import Lists from MyAnimeList, AniDB and Kitsu (Mac version only)
- Export lists to MyAnimeList XML (Mac version only)
- View List Statistics (Mac version only, will come to iOS in the future)
- View Profiles and Lists from other users. (Mac version only)
- Trending Section (Top, Trending, and Newly Added)
- Airing Notifications (Mac version, donors only, standard on iOS)
- Ability to read user notifications
- List Syncing (Donors only, standard on iOS)