AWC: 2018 Classic Challenge
Classic Challenge: 2018
01 - 10
Complete 10 anime from Winter 2018
11 - 20
Complete 10 anime from Spring 2018
21 - 30
Complete 10 anime from Summer 2018
31 - 40
Complete 10 anime from Fall 2018
The total runtime of all anime you watch added together must be a minimum of 2000 minutes per season (This is equal to 8000 minutes for the full year).
- You can check the total runtime of 10 completed anime using our time checking tool!
You can use any number of anime from other challenges
- You can use any number of anime you have already completed
- You can use anime that is currently airing, but it must have finished airing before you submit your challenge as completed
- You cannot use the same anime to fulfill multiple requirements within this challenge
- You cannot use anime with the format “Music”
- You cannot use speed watching to complete this challenge
Speed watching is watching an anime at 2x speed / 3x speed, etc. This goes against the spirit of these challenges which is to introduce you to anime you may not have watched otherwise
- An anime only counts towards the season it began airing, as listed as on AniList
There is no time limit to this challenge
Your activity must include the start and end dates, which can be added in the AniList List Editor
Your profile must be set to public so we can verify your anime list and activity
- Post a reply in this thread when you start the challenge with the code we have provided below
- You can keep track of your progress through editing your submission here, or update it when you are finished
- Please use the code template we have provided for your challenge submission. You can edit it however you want as long as it includes the same information
- You can find the challenge code here: 2018 Classic Code. Fill out the portions in red text only to keep code formatting
- When you have fulfilled all of the requirements for a challenge, please post a link to your final submission in the Challenge Submissions Thread
You can get a link by clicking on the link icon on your forum reply. Post that web address as a comment to the challenge submissions forum. This makes it easier for reviewers instead of looking through multiple forums for submissions
Formatting for challenge submissions must include the following information:
01) Start: DD/MM/YY Finish: DD/MM/YY Link with Anime Title
You must separate your shows into Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall seasons
Only submissions via the AniList forum will be accepted. This means submissions via Discord, spreadsheets or other documents will not be reviewed.
We have an AWC Recommendation bot - and it will be enabled for this challenge soon!
Have you been having a hard time trying to figure out which anime would fit which challenge requirement?
Fret not! The bot is here to help you. Here's what you need to do:
1. Type in your reply as usual - you can leave the anime entries empty or as placeholders for now
2. On a new line anywhere in your message type-in the following: Opt-In
3. The phrase “Opt-In” must be in bold and have the dash between opt and in
The bot will periodically check for opt-ins (this process may take a number of hours). Once it sees your entry it will check for all anime in your Plan to Watch list and advises you (in the form of a reply) on which of your anime fit a given requirement (if any). As a bonus, the app will also check your Completed anime list for Genre Challenge Easy-Mode completion.
This bot is still in beta. This comes with the usual baggage... Here's the fine-detail that you should know:
1. Accuracy: The bot can only recommend anime for a predefined list of requirements. Some (or all) of the requirements have to be selected manually. Any (or all) recommendations provided by the bot should be double-checked before setting them up in the challenge.
2. Liability: The bot (and the AWC staff) cannot be held responsible for your failing to meet any requirement as per the bot suggestion(s). Neither can they be held responsible for the bot's failure to provide recommendations or for any possible malfunctions (no reply / multiple replies etc).
3. Availability: The bot may be taken down at any time during the challenge - with and without any prior announcement. This is especially likely if any severe bugs are discovered.
4. Feedback: Constructive-criticism is welcomed and greatly appreciated. This does not guarantee in any way that your suggestion will make it through. If you have any feedback please talk to us on Discord or message TrapperHell
AWC Master Post
AWC FAQ Post
AWC Submissions Thread
AWC Challenge Discussion / Suggestions
If you are having a difficult time finding an anime to fulfill a certain requirement, feel free to ask in our Challenge Discussion Forum, ask us on Discord, or ask a fellow AniList member for a recommendation.