My top 10 anime are as follows:
- Kill la Kill
- Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky
- Mononoke Hime
- Hunter x Hunter (2011)
- Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
- Monogatari Series: Second Season
- Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
- Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
My favourite genres, in no particular order, are:
- Moe/Slice of Life
- 10/10 - Near perfection, obviously nothing is perfect but a 10 is pretty close. These shows are normally genre defying and top not just the genre, but the medium in general, earning themselves a distinguished ranking above all others.
- 9/10 - Anime that tend to miss something get a 9. These aren't necessarily shows I have issue with, though they may have blatant flaws. Essentially these are shows that have earned above the "worth talking about" phase.
- 8/10 - Tend to have more than a few flaws, but are still enjoyable regardless. Obviously these flaws tend to be on the less distracting side and often don't break the immersion of an anime.
- 7/10 - Just "good" seems to be a fitting description for a 7. There is nothing special about a 7/10 but they're competent enough to be enjoyable. There may be distracting flaws, but not enough to make watching the anime a chore.
- 6/10 - The flaws of a 6 will likely be more distracting than other lower scores, however the themes of a 6 are often what redeems them, interesting themes or strong attempts at a more competent anime will justify a 6/10.
- 5/10 - These appear to try nothing new, or rather, play unbelievably safe. Flaws may be distracting, more so than a 6 at least, but a 5 is trying too hard to play it safe, and so comes out feeling extremely average.
- 4/10 - "Below Average" anime falls into this category. Shows that fail on several aspects of what they are trying to do and often have flaws so distracting that the anime is difficult to watch.
- 3/10 - Deeply flawed and deeply distracting, A 3 fails in most aspects and feels incompetent at times. Generally 3 will tend to be a flawed show that also doesn't land with me, since that serves to make the the flaws even more distracting than they otherwise would be.
- 2/10 - Even more flawed and distracting, 2's are absolutely horrible. absolutely irredeemable and does everything wrong, it may be incompetent in it's plot and it's execution. To call these near unwatchable would be a fairly accurate statement.
- 1/10 - If a 2 out of 10 is near unwatchable this easily takes the crown of utterly unwatchable garbage. These abysmal anime are so flawed that it's hard to actually see an anime past all the horrifically flawed and poorly constructed nonsense. Stay away from these anime!
- 150th: End of Evangelion
- 200th: SAO: Ordinal Scale
- 250th: Devilman: Tanjou Hen
- 300th: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009)
In Progress Challenges
Slice of Life