Why people likes Goblin Slayer ?

Twignar

How can you watch such a awful thing ? 2 girls literally get raped by goblins in the first ten minutes of the anime

88 Replies
MasterJackDarkPT

Well havent see it yet so my opinion is 100% invalid but I will put anyway

I think people like it because it got action and some op characters and about girls being raped well that is ecchi but a lot of people (Like me) like ecchi and dont think bad about that (I think).

Not Fun Fact: About that scene some persons have think that doing a live action +18 goblin slayer was a good idea

https://anilist.co/activity/24159710

Twignar

He is the #201 Most Popular All Time, I hope all those people are not enjoying rape and there is a another explanation

MasterJackDarkPT

Well maybe they just dont care about that scene and care more about the fighting and all

A friend of mine that likes goblin slayer have say this to your question: Cause it's a Dark Anime And Berserker is worse because it shows a girl being raped by a horse

Twignar

By a horse ? Really ? I don't see the point to show this kind of thing, maybe it's for "realism" but it seems a bit overkill to me as it's more digusting than useful

MasterJackDarkPT

ah and in berserker the horse organ is uncensored and in goblin is censored the rape

Imberance

https://readberserk.com/chapter/berserk-chapter-077/ without rape, but intense nevertheless, but stylistic so very beautiful imho but you are allowed to disagree ofc but regarding this world it just fits and only adds to the uneasy atmosphere

MasterJackDarkPT

Ah as me I agree with almost everything and for me rape or s#x in anime its nothing from other world for me (That is my friend words because he have seen berserk and I dont)

Also I have see that in this (Game I think) they havent show it

Brennen
ブレネン

I don't think hardly anyone is watching the show specifically to see girls getting raped by goblins. The rape scenes that were shown and have been talked about were not meant to be fanservice but instead a way of developing a common ground between the two main characters as well as giving us an explanation for why the MC has devoted his life to slaying goblins.

Ashilover

What I don't undestand is why compare a show

Fisrt of all that why not watch a show because ONE scene?
I'm watching Goblin just for the fights. I think a good reason not to watch is because is bad overall, ost, characters, animation, story (There is one?) everythig is just so bad

And dont compare some shallow show like Goblin with Berserk that all scenes have meaning, being violent/rape or not

Sorry for bad english

Leudkemia

I, for one, enjoy the rape

Aldnox

based and redpilled

SrDragonaso

I only saw the first episode and i dont enjoy rape but its a mature version of the adventure/action/fantasy rpg. Im waiting to the end of the season for too eat all the episodes (if i will like, obviously xD)

Polemarchos

Dont see the problem with the real life goblin slayer adaption lol .

also some more information https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_fantasy
Its pretty common nothing special theres a reason why rape fetish is one of the most watched ones.
Seems like we get more and more philistines nowadays. But that happens if people have nothing to do.

Find it really funny how fucked up some people think, like rape is super bad but its okay if the dude gets skinned alive or eaten. Nobody bats an eye. While the girl in goblin slayer even survives and has the possibility of getting over it and leading a normal life.
And if people do not like this kind of stuff they should reconsider watching anime ^^

Kirishiki

Find it really funny how fucked up some people think, like rape is super bad but its okay if the dude gets skinned alive or eaten.

I mean most people would be uncomfortable with both?... Also, rape is a lot more personal than just plain murder.

Polemarchos

"Plain Murder"
You obviously dont know what you are talking about. The human body can endure a lot of stuff and you are saying that rape beats beeing skinned alive for hours? When your body goes into shock and you will feel everyhting at 100% because you cant fall into coma?
You know that beeing eaten alive is together with burning and skinning one of the most painful murder people can expierence? Girl was raped once and saved. She can go on. Will be hard but again welcome to reality.
Plain murder isnt just dying painless and fast. Its about knowing one will die and screaming and crying not like fancy movies show you.
I mean what do you prefer? Getting raped once or having your teeths exploding because of the high electro voltage?
Proptip the stuff with the teeths is much more gruelsome. There are some reports on this topic from soldiers who expierenced this.
And what excactly about rape is more personal than getting sliced up or skinned lol.
People who through sheer luck survive attempted murder will have the same problems as rape victims its just mostly religious morale depicting rape more worse because of the sexuality theme underlying it and therefore having more of sinful in certain society and/or groups.
And it seems you didnt get my point. Both are regarded as bad but as how bad both are weighed people have pretty high double standards. Its just funny as many people who find murder cool or entertaining do not realize that it is on the same level as rape.

Aldnox

Welcome to western society, where people are so scared of sex that they blow it so out of proportion that a panty shot in a video game is worse than interactive torture scenes.

BarefootKommando

GTAV?

Aldnox

Yeah that one comes to mind but there's multiple examples

SixPoP

Because they're edgy and it's a morbid show, over.

Polemarchos

So what? Sword Guy gets eaten alive your point beeing?
Read history books suddenly a lot more than two girls get raped.
Its nothing more than double standards.

EDIT:
Should be noted that the interesting aspects are the dnd mechanis and background lore, how he uses intelligence and planning instead of dumb superpowers, how it does to some degree depict realism in certain situations and so on.

Imberance

why do ppl like james ryan, soldier's guts get literally blown out ; why do ppl like american horror story, people get murdered and raped ; why do ppl like lords of the rings - ppl get beheaded ; do you need more examples of non anime content - how can ppl watch hentai like euphoria, well bc its intriguing, and its necessary to not turn away from disgusting issues - tabooing them doesn't make them go away and it can act as a stylistic device for world building, drama and so on and also realism - have you seen berserk? horse demon rape and the original series/manga is still a classic and far from some stupid edgy shit who was just about being edgy; have you read classic literature, like the romans raping the sabines? like Goethe's Faust where Gretchen kills her unborn child bc Faust has no intention of caring for her after he the 40year old impregnates her the 13year old - ancient greek theater was a method to act trough things they deemed dangerous in order to assess the outcome for their society - I hope those things help you look at reasons why there is disgusting stuff in anime, and yes also for entertainment

Aldnox

I give your bait a 2/10, it's too obvious.

Twignar

lol I am actually serious, the thing I'm disgusting by the most is sexual abuse, especially by monsters

Aldnox

Are you 12?

Twignar

No I've had bad experiences with rape

Aldnox

I'm sorry you had to deal with that, but that doesn't mean a story can't have rape in it.

Imberance

this + as to why in this anime: gs kills goblins so that they can't rape, he does it mercilessly, but it wouldn't be the same if the goblins would jus steal the food

Twignar

I know, I just wanted to understand the hype for this anime in the first place but that escalated quickly lol

Aldnox

I mean, in the OP you're questioning how people can like something. Kinda to be expected it would escalate.

I haven't watched it so idk if it's good or not.

LordQ

A reasonable guy here, finally

CremeDoughnut

How can people like [insert anything you don't like]? I don't understand how people like this can sleep at night!
If anyone reading this likes [that one thing] then I hope you have an unpleasant night!!!!!

Twignar

I just wanted to know why people like this anime, no judgement here

CremeDoughnut

Since you're actually being serious allow me to sum it up for you:

not all people have the same opinion on things / find the same things disturbing.

Same way someone has a thing for furries or lolicon, it's like Marmite you love it or you hate it.

i'm just zzz'ing on your post cause its the same old why do other people think differently than me

Twignar

Sorry if the title looks that way, english is not my first language

Leudkemia

Who doesnt enjoy a bit of goblin rape here and there?

ReinhardVonMusel

How can you watch such a awful thing ? 2 girls literally get raped by goblins in the first ten minutes of the anime

That's the good part.

anineh

No one likes Goblin Slayer because they enjoy watching people get raped. Actually, some probably do, but most don't. But people like darker stuff, things that are shocking and gritty. It's a bit like horror in a way.

veritasmahwa

Because we're edgy kids who like to watch rape for underage girls who peed themselves!
Now the troll in me out of the way i like the first chapter of manga and decided to wait for anime to end.
I already a fan of fantasy settings but see the closest we can get as a DnD style anime, i like it.
tho slime-anime is my favourite of this year

veritasmahwa

Btw let me adress the issue. I think it's actually not as fun as people claim to be. But they see how people dash unfairly to the show so they unintentionally give it more credit than it deserved. It's brutally fun, yes some of the fans must admit it's not as good as they claim to be.
Oh btw if you can describe GS with only rape you can describe death note like
"there is a high school kid who murder people with magic!"

raitootaku

like to watch [...] underage girls who peed themselves! [...] Now the troll in me out of the way

Speak for yourself ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

BarefootKommando

I like it because I'm entertained by brutal shit, and I like fantasy. GS may not be winning any awards, but it's one of the most fun series of 2018, and I'm having a blast watching it every week.

exchronos

The rape scene isn’t meant to be enjoyed. It is there to illustrate how evil goblins are. Look, it did the job so well you won’t even watch the series.

Mission accomplished.

ReinhardVonMusel

The rape scene isn’t meant to be enjoyed.

Don't tell me what to do.

Spelljinxer

Have you ever seen H-rated shit before?

Goblin Slayer is nothing.

Gucci
Donator

I need to see the face of Goblin Slayer

Imberance

wasn't it in ep 8 or was it just without helmet? I don't remember anymore already

Suceur2keu

I think that the initial hype comes from the manga which is way better than the anime imo and the mainstream really appreciated vibe of heroic fantasy. Also the rape scene puts instantly a more serious tone than something like DanMachi. You know that the characters are really risking their lives with their expeditions.

Mais je peux comprendre que ça choque.

Twignar

Par contre ton pseudo gros ... xD. ça doit être génial pour toi car y'a 10 FR sur le site

Suceur2keu

ça va personne est venu m'embêter pour le moment. Toi pareil avec Laink, le jour où tu vas tomber sur un fanboy qui va dire que tu voles son contenu photo ;)